Terms / Rules
The user (You) agrees as a condition of registering at the www.thelureforum.com to be truthful in regard to all information given during the registration process, to use the site as per the guidelines, not to disclose his password to others for use, and that the site has a license (permission) for use of anything the user submits or posts to the site. The user (You) also agree to the following site rules stated below.
By displaying or publishing ("posting") any content on or through the community forum or submitting a Guest Article for publication, you hereby grant to the company royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display all content, remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, or other information submitted, to the site owner through this site and to incorporate any submission in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. Our thelureforum.com will not be required to treat any submission as confidential, and may use any submission in its business (including without limitation, for products or advertising) without incurring any liability for royalties or any other consideration of any kind, and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities that may appear in future company operations."
Termination of membership
As the above paragraph could be misunderstood, Should you decide you no longer wish to be a member it is important you understand your posts, threads and IP data will not be removed, deleting all posts made by a member - especially if the member has a substantial post count will causes threads to become disjointed and illogical and diminishes the Board experience for everyone. The IP data is retained to protect the community from repeat sign ups and trouble makers. We will however agree to change your username, avatar and remove your account email upon request.
1) The access to this forum is strictly to registered members only, allowing non-members access via registered members log-in details or by sharing log-in details is not acceptable (This may result in the registered members account being removed) You can use yourself as a referrer when a friend or colleague register for an account.
2) If a member is found to have multiple accounts, then these accounts may be removed or suspended. You may only have one TLF user account, duplicate accounts may be removed without warning. This may result in complete site denial of access for persistent members.
3) Access to the The Lure Forum, is strictly at the discretion of the Account Services Team and the Admin Team.
4) All registered users are requested to use their real names, this should be done upon registration.
5) Members accounts with negative post counts, maybe be subject to restriction after a given time. This time is at the discretion of the Admin staff. (A period of 12 months with zero posts) The forum will only gain growth through its members contributions.
6) Member accounts which are not deemed by the site Adminstrators to in the best interest of the site or the members, will be removed.
1) Any posts deemed or appearing to be aggressively aimed at any other forum member or members, will be deleted and the poster or posters dealt with immediately. (This may result in account deletion) The Lure Forum operates a zero tolerance to trouble in relation to the posts made on the discussion boards. Any posts that are or may be deemed/taken to be offensive or not in the best interest of the forum will be removed.
2) The Lure Forum does not recommend any members being involved in any discussions regarding any topics that may be seen or appear to be seen as slanderous,libelous. No posts or topics containing defamation of any kind be it towards any person, product or organisation. Any member deemed to bring the lure forum into disrepute may have their account removed. Racism of any form is not welcome or tolerated. Any member(s) found to be spamming or posting repetitve threads/post that disrupt the forum will have account(s) removed after one warning only.
3) Members will all be treated equally and fairly at all times, whilst their on the lure forum and any complaints that may arise should be intially made to an online member of the moderating team. Any member who attacks or have posts/comments deemed to be agressively aimed at another member, the lure forum or its staff members will have their accounts removed.
4) If forum members have posted topics relating to people, products or information from outside sources then they should provide information within their posts what sources were used, and to identify thoses sources.
5) The constant posting of a commercial external site(s) or product(s) either by hyperlink or name by members with a interest, be it personally or financially will not be tolerated, unsolicitated advertising or repetitive external commercial link or name posting will be dealt with by removal of links by an offending member(s). Self Promotion is not acceptable.
6) Any duplication/quotation of posts made by lure forum members used elsewhere/externally other than here on the lure forum, should only be done with the consent of the original poster. Ignoring this rule could render the offending member denial of access to the forum. Be respectful ask the original poster first.
7) All members should be aware all posts/content regarding political topics, external organisations campaigns and concerns should not be posted without first administration approval. The board endeavours to be poiltically free and to maintain its friendly and casual atmosphere.
8) Decisions to remove or edit any and all posts here will be at the discretion of the Lure Forum Admnistrators and moderators only. Requests to edit/delete postings on the Lure Forum will be taken under advisement and will be acted upon by Lure Forum staff only.
9) Lure Forum members are asked to use discretion in relation to locations, naming of specific marks on the forum is not in the best interests of all members, specifically in relation to the Catch Report sections. Where possible the use of private messages is encouraged. The Catch Report section is an integral part of the forum and information shared there is done so in good faith.
10) Members posting in the classified sections are not permitted to advertise items for sale in the classifieds section via links to other sections of the forum. Members who post on the main forums in reference to items they are offering in the classifieds section, will be warned and continual postings will be dealt with by the Admin Team. Please keep posts related to items in the classifieds there. Use the PM system as an alternative.
11) The posting of links to external blogs/sites instead of content is not in the best interests of the forum. Inappropriate links posted will be removed without warning. If you have a blog, post content on the forum, please do not post links to your blog with the intent to just gain promotion.
12) Members with commercial interests should also contact a member of the Admin team to arrange a possible site sponsors/advertising block, these are offered to support the site and are subject to refusal or removal at anytime by the Admin team without warning.
13) No posting reports of and no images of any bycatch during any fishing closed season. Freshwater or Saltwater. This helps to promote a respect to the sport and its species.
1) The use of links in members signatures, are limited to one link only.
2) Links to external communities/forums are not allowed.
3) Posting signature links to commercial sites should be first approved by a member of the Admin staff.
3.1) All commercial sites linked in the approved signature must contain a link from that site back to the lure forum. Current TLF Advertisers links are exempt from this ruling.
4) Inappropriate links will be removed without warning.
5) Signature pics must not be bigger than 500(w) x 100(h) px. And restricted to one picture only. No commercial/advertising pictures will be allowed. Signature text max size is set by the system. Size (3)
6) All the above rules apply for both Tapatalk/Forum Runner if used by members to access the site.
Private messaging System
1) Spamming of the private messaging system, will not be tolerated. This covers abuse or sales promotion, external campaigning/canvassing. Members who encounter this should report the message(s) to a member of the Admin Team.
2) Abuse or spamming of pm system will result in the offending member(s) restriction of this system.
3) Posting or quotation of private messages on the forum sections are not tolerated.
4) The Lure Forum provides this service to all members who qualify and does so based strictly on the rules.
Lure Forum Classifieds Section
1) All items posted in the For Sale section of the classifieds are subject to a small charge. See this thread for more info:http://www.thelureforum.com/showthread.php?t=6941 This payment can be made via the Lure Forum Paypal accountShop@thelureforum.com before or after the items have advertised.
2) Members are not allowed to post links in the Classified section to external sites, or where they are also offering their item(s) or services for sale.
3) Items in the classifieds section should be clearly advertised and priced. Any member found to be cross posting items from the classifieds section to other areas of the lure forum, may have the additional posts removed and also have access to the classifieds removed. This at the discretion of the Admin Team.
4) Members using the Classifieds section do so at their own risk and the lure forum will not be held liable for any loss or claim while members use this section.
5) No commercial advertising/trading allowed in the classifieds, this section is for personal member use only.
6) To post in the classifieds section you are required to have at least 50 "quality" posts, by quality we reserve the right to remove classifieds if we feel that 30 of the 50 posts needed are in the introduction section or similar and you are seen to be taking the piss ( you get the idea ).
**Note: Rules and Terms of Service are subject to change at any point with out notification, please ensure you read this page on a regular basis.