The Lure Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a small amount of cash to spend for new kit this season £150 to upgrade rod and reel and any change would go on plugs the reel seems the easy part an exage4000 round the £50 mark not really herd a bad report on them yet.
But what the best cheap rod around the £100 mark im tempted with a bushwacker so i can then get some more plugs but what would you get for that amount of money if you had to choose.

·
Registered
779 Posts
theres the bushwhacker or the shukan (think the shukans about 130 so Id say the whacker & some plugs)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I think the Shukan has been superceded by the Rookie, now? Both good rods for the money. For an all round plugger they are pretty solid, but Bushie is cheaper. Would help to know what you are upgrading from, so we can offer an opinion on what is better. I have the Quantum Energy Bass, Joe which I think MrFish does for around £80? Worth considering. Why not call **** aat MrFish when he gets back from France - he knows a wider range and may even have some stuff we aren't aware of...

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Quantum Energy Bass either 8' or 9' and a Shimano Exage front drag, or Savage Gear 2010 model Bushwhacker rod probably 8' (best all round option) and Diawa Exceller Reel.
Both great rods, I use both and find them incredible value for money, Just be sure to wash the rods and reels down in freash water after each trip, and they will last you well.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got an 11foot penn powerstick sea spin had it for about 5 years but want a smaller more lively rod to get most out of the lures and the enjoyment of catching a fish just really after suggestions but looking at 8 foot 6 im drawn to the bushwacker as used one a few times but dont really know what else is out there and thought id get the best feed back from he

·
Registered
500 Posts
iv'e got a bushwhacker mate, great rods, you will struggle to find much wrong with them (if anything) especially for the price. get yourself a nice reel and a few plugs then :p

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Thanks for all the replys think im going to have to go for bushwacker and exage4000
Great choice Joe ! I got this outfit for my son Adam and it is a nicely balanced set-up, best of all you will have some change for Plugs :jump:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts