The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As above really I have a budget of approx £80 for a new reel to go with either a Bushwacker 8'6 and or Teklon 823 spin rod any suggestions would be gratefully received

Thanks
Meirion

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I'm pretty impressed with the Quantum Incyte 1140. I'd not seen or heard of them til recently, but I've been impressed with a lot of the Quantum reels recently.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i bought an Abu Soron 40 STX had a good price so we shall see how it gets on with the Teklon 823

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Good choice Meirion! I've had one for quite a while. It doesn't get used as much as it used to but it does a very nice job of it!! :p

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Daiwa Exceller Reels are around that price, got a 3500 model and been surprisingly impressed by it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Have a look at the Spro reels. I have the tiny palm size one for ultralights (sorry the name escapes me at the mo, old age) great reels.

·
Registered
330 Posts
if you spend sometime surfing you can get a 4000 size shimano for near enough that. some of the tackle shops on ebay at buy it now may take an offer.

try googling Foxons of St Asaph as they have some good second reels in now and again. **** also has some belters

1 - 13 of 13 Posts