The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, we gave it a crack. Luke Basswalker & i met-up with Marc Westwood at 8am this morning, and headed for a local estuary mark to try for Flounders on s/p's over the flood. To cut a long story short . . . . we blanked. But, so did the guys on the bait down there, so we strongly suspect that the cold water & rain has pushed them out into the deeper water.

Still, we were all glad that we went, as we had a lovely morning, in good company, with beautiful weather. It was a good chance for me to test-drive my new Injection & Rarenium, and i am absolutley delighted with them - what a gorgeous lightweight combination !! Simply stunning !!

So, a few pics . . . . . .

Beautiful Welsh morning. . . . . . .

Me checking-out a fishy looking eddy !!! (and getting very muddy !!)

Marc bumping an Xlayer along the bottom . . . .

Concentrating . . .. was that a pull . . . . . . . . . .

Me, Fatty Lewis playing with my Injection . . . . . . .

We tried a variety of s/p's this morning, and frankly, learned loads. We didnt have to impart much action to the lures, as the flow of the estuary was doing all of the work for us. It was a case of casting upstream, and just keeping contact with the end-tackle as it bumped down through the flow and out into the slack water along the bank.

Lovely fascinating, peaceful way to fish . . .. and when the little buggers are there is a few more numbers, we'll be waiting !!!!!

Roger Roger . . over & out . . . . . .

(p.s. i hate writing 'blank' reports - sorry about the lack of fish !!).

(p.p.s. how does the pic size look ? First they looked too big, so i downsized them, now they look to small on my pc ?)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Well done for getting out and trying Si. Looks a great spot to get back to and try again.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I am sure it is just a matter of time. Keep experimenting until you make it work. If something isn't working, change it It will just click one day and you won't look back..... It might be worth trying smaller baits when it is colder. But like you say if the bait guys aren't catching then they may not be there or just not feeding.
Looks like a great day to be out whether you caught or not.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Si, nicest day of the year so for us in Wales so far, so well done for getting out there today. No doubt there will be some bass there later in the year. Despite being English, will you invite me??

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Si, nicest day of the year so for us in Wales so far, so well done for getting out there today. No doubt there will be some bass there later in the year. Despite being English, will you invite me??
You are always welcome Tim (even though you are English ;-)).

·
Registered
357 Posts
Guys, It takes gonads to report a blank, but we can all learn from it.

Keith and I blanked today, but the research will work for us later this year.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A mate of mine popped down with us on Saturday morning to have a play with his new DSLR camera. He just forwarded me this pic of Luke. Luke took all of the other pics in the report, so he wasnt in any of them. As you can see, he was wrapped up as snug as a 'bug' . . . . . . .

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Cracking report.

Stick with it, try everything and it's friend. Sooner or later you'll get one.

Just remember to log everything about the first capture and try hard to decipher why you caught it.

Everyone blanks, its turning blanks into something positive that counts.

You should consider a soft plastic trailer behind a small spoon and beads too rolled through..

You never know..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts