The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If only Cardiff could say the same :-o
Quick report as we are off out again early tomorrow. Went to check a new spot today and as we parked up we saw a spear fisherman with three bass and a mullet (bass to 6lbs) so we knew we were in the right area. We fished from an hour after high down to almost low water so we could get a good picture of the terrain of which there was plenty!
Cut a long story short (a change for me!), I dropped one early doors on the Feed Shallow, and we moved a few on the Soft Lures before moving to some fresh areas which the falling tide gave us access to. I had a schoolie on the Chase BW, and almost straight after George had a fish around 2lb on the Feed Shallow - gave him a good scrap on his 7' Bushie too! Working back to the car I moved a fish off the top with the Mag Popper but no more hook-ups. Stunning hot sunny day so less than ideal conditions in reality but chuffed to land a fish each (even if his was bigger!).
Let's hope for bigger and better things in the morning!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Tim and well done George for beating the old man again !

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Great report Tim...... I see you're struggling to keep up with George again.....

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nice one Tim and George, The pair of you seem to be finding the welsh bass at the moment.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Well done chaps, lucky it didn't go into injury time or penalties, I'm sure the younger legs would kept going and got the victory!!:)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well done chaps, lucky it didn't go into injury time or penalties, I'm sure the younger legs would kept going and got the victory!!:)
Quite right, Glyn! We went back to another mark today with Si & Jeff Clapham and Steve Payne (hound Dog). George and I managed one each (mine was bigger today!) but George managed to drown his camera sadly. At least the memory card survived. I also managed to take wet wading to new levels (it's known as swimming!). George's fish was on the Tide Minnow SLD I won on the recent poker nights so cheers Mike & Brian - great lure!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done again Tim and George, sounds like you had a brilliant day, wish I could have seen you swimming though Tim :-D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great going Tim & george .. The foreign invaiders strike again with the welsh bass ............:badlol:
Bad luck with the camera george, Was the water cold Tim ....?
In a word, Bob - yes. My nuts have only just ceased resembling walnuts! Great day and great to see Steve do so well. There are lots of good fish at this mark but they are fussy!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Great to see normal service being resumed, well done guys.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Thanks Tim it was a great morning a few fish, the biggest was 4 1/2 lbs .

Simon has the photos hopefully he will put the pictures on today.

See you down there again soon.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Well, this is no hijack Tim, but it must be said that the Dog was on fire yesterday :-D 4 fish in almost as many casts is an achievement not to be sniffed at, well done Steve.
After about 10mins, bass1

next cast brought in one of about the same size.......your sure you unhooked the first one Steve ;)

next but one cast had this beauty attached

She weighed in at 4.5lb and made Steve happy :)

The day went one with fish coming to George, Tim and another to the Dog.....Pops Clapham hooked a monster but sportingly managed an LDR ;-).

An excellent day in hot , clear and flat calm waters.........where did the winter go?

Me, I'll keep trying for my first of the season :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts