The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Bumblers
We unearthed a truely fantastic looking mark yesterday....seen the photos of the area but have never gained access till now.......feast your eyes on this place

:spoo:

The access/exit is a nightmare and only for the very brave, Welsh Bumblers included :shock:

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
:spoo::wackit::spoo::wackit2::spoo::spoo::wackit::spoo::wackit2::spoo::wackit::spoo::wackit2::spoo::jump::jump:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Does look an awesome bit of water and the clarity is incredible. Me & George are pretty mobile, so do you think we could handle the scramble or are advanced climbing skills required, Si? Give us a hint what area you were in....

Also, there's a slight ripple on the water from the wind, but almost zero swell by the looks of it? Come on spring - so many good Welsh marks to fish!!

·
Registered
779 Posts
wow - very nice looking bit of water there Simon !

·
Registered
932 Posts
I went to check out a few new marks (to me anyway) yesterday. One involves about 200 rickety steps down to a small bay area and to get to the mark itself is 100% hardcore rock hopping. One slip and we're talking broken ankle and stranded. Not only that but if you caught a fish, landing it would be a nightmare. Proper rod breaking ground. 95% of my fishing in on my Jack, but I just have to give it a go soon.

Anyway, as I was approaching this other mark 5 miles away this dude came by me on his push bike at warp factor 8, nearly knocking me off my feet. He went and sat on a rock in the middle of this new mark and put his head in his hands. I came along about 20 yards away from him and start sussing/studying the mark to think what technique/tackle would work. He spots me out of the corner of his eye and I can only assume he thought I was staring at him and following him, but he was sitting right in the middle of this tiny little mark, what could I do!!!??? He's staring right at me by now and it didnt help when I got my notepad and pen out and began taking notes. He got up, walked further away, sat on another rock and put his head in his hands again. Anyway, I need to take photos don't I, so I walked towards him again to get some better shots and started snapping away. He almost in the middle of all my shots. Now I can see he's getting a bit mad now and no doubt freaked out. He obviously thinks I'm some sort of Field Based Samaritan following a guy who's going through some emotional trauma, taking notes and pictures in the process... He gets up walks right towards with me a grimace on his face and as he passed I said loudly "Morning!!! Lovely day isn't it? Makes you glad to be alive!" and I'm sure he muttered a "f**k off" under his breath. Cheeky bugger, I thought he was rather a witty thing to say.

Lovely looking mark by the way Simon and sorry for hijacking your thread.

·
Registered
779 Posts
@#uk that then !!! I've been fishing with you before - I want to go lure fishing, not training for Everests North Face !! It comes to something when your braid has got to be strong enough to abseil on !! :0
lol you tell em !!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad you like the look of it gents and I'm fairly confident that its never been shore-fished due to the access problems.....the whole blwty slope is slowly sliding toward the beach.
If there are no bass caught at this mark, this season, than I'm gonna flog all my kit :???:

We're considering fixing a rope to allow a less sphincter clenching means of access!

Must add, parking is also a problem :|

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I'm up for it - can't see how you could not catch there when the time comes...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Glad you like the look of it gents and I'm fairly confident that its never been shore-fished due to the access problems.....the whole blwty slope is slowly sliding toward the beach.
If there are no bass caught at this mark, this season, than I'm gonna flog all my kit :???:

We're considering fixing a rope to allow a less sphincter clenching means of access!

Must add, parking is also a problem :|
See told you, abseiling !!!! ;) Lovely spot though ! Anyone got a boat, oh no that's no good either, I'd be sick !!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Come on Si - how far west did you go??

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
See told you, abseiling !!!! ;) Lovely spot though ! Anyone got a boat, oh no that's no good either, I'd be sick !!
Mike, I love Gower and always will.....but the water down west, way west, is like Gordons mate.......much clearer than old mucky freshwest! The last couple of weekends we've been travelling around this area, searching, all clear water, most really deep, some gobsmacking........Dad has been mid-weeking down Gower as an in-betweener, each time he's been there, the good old silty band is present out to about 100m or more.

I don't think that Bass do so well with all that suspended sediment bobbing around :(

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Come on Si - how far west did you go??

Tim, these marks are almost on your doorstep buddy........seek and you'll find some gems, but I guess you already have and am keeping quiet! This spot has a bad access and I think we chose a worse way out......but were committed and could not retreat!!
I posted it before; this made finding it make its way to the top of the 'to do' list

·
Registered
43 Posts
si, marloes is bit like that as well iam right it a round that area ' a bit of a walk .si, try broad haven south .

sandy haven , st brides . and if small tides try further up the river .

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mark, I dare not keep up the search for much longer as there are so many fantastic looking spots and I'm guessing that there cannot be bass at each and every one of them, no matter how appealing they look?
St.Brides and around that area are on another journey, but later in the year I think. We'll get in touch when heading down that way as insider knowledge always helps :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
si, just some of my favourites places to fish. just google erath them threy is load of places to fish had bass off a beach one evening off the top at about 7.30pm but if you or any one whants any infro let me know about any place a round dale to new gale .

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
hi si,does the mark that has the steep decent have old pieces of steel work at the bottom,ie boat wreckage or something.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts