The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we decided on a change and fished the murky waters around the Gower coast. Got to the mark a good hour before low to be greeted with feeding gulls and nice looking swell, for your information; the water was very murky :|
Nothing doing on the plugs so out come the cheating sticks ;)
3rd cast and 'Fish On'

Bumped into a couple of other pluggers, no luck but one did manage to get a boil off the top.
The waters are starting to chill down although we still managed to find a couple of soft'ish reds :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
How are you fishing the 'cheating sticks' over heavy ground ? Well done on the fish, cause I surfed today at Low Tide Peaks and the water wasn't at all clear.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Well done Simon I would have been down there today but still recovering after an all day session at the rugby yesterday.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
The West Wales Bass are mighty-fine, but there's something about a Gower Bass ;). A very well done on catching in those murky waters :clap:.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Well done on finding some fish Si!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How are you fishing the 'cheating sticks' over heavy ground ? Well done on the fish, cause I surfed today at Low Tide Peaks and the water wasn't at all clear.
Just chuck them out and slow twitch back in Mike ;) There were a few lads out at this spot, but not where I've surfed here before :-?.....I don't think they chose the best peak...very sketchy :shock::shock::shock:

Well done Simon I would have been down there today but still recovering after an all day session at the rugby yesterday.
Thought you were getting a little old for the game now Stevie :-o

The West Wales Bass are mighty-fine, but there's something about a Gower Bass ;). A very well done on catching in those murky waters :clap:.
Any bass is good Si, but nothing beats a home run huh? :mrgreen:

Gents, this session the fishes were caught by Pops Clapham, he's on a roll at the moment I reckon, top effort Pops :-D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just chuck them out and slow twitch back in Mike ;) There were a few lads out at this spot, but not where I've surfed here before :-?.....I don't think they chose the best peak...very sketchy :shock::shock::shock:
Slow twitch mid water and keeping them out of trouble, or are you fishing them as snag magnets? What weight heads are you using? I'm gonna have to give the S.P's a go next season. That's what I said about this year, but with all the surf I've hardly been out. Swell and Gower water clarity don't mix and I can't make myself drive West when the surf's firing !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts