The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Stunning Steve!
Congratulations, superb fish! Even better off the top.
Cheers Nath

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Mainly because its so visual keith,well it is for me anyway.If i hook a bass on a diver ive forgotten about how good the take was in a few days,if i take one off the top i think about it for weeks if not months.
cheers daz.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Nice fish Steve, thank you for sharing that moment with us.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Mainly because its so visual keith,well it is for me anyway.If i hook a bass on a diver ive forgotten about how good the take was in a few days,if i take one off the top i think about it for weeks if not months.
cheers daz.
Thanks for that Darren My sentiments exactly , you just cant forget the moment

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
cheers daz.
Please don't take my comment as being a negative. It isn't. I just don't think that we should get hung up with 1 method being superior to another when such a good fish is being discussed. 10lb fish aren't exactly commonplace these days are they ?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Excellent fish Steve, you were certainly "wearing the bass pants".

Rightly or wrongly Keith I suspect we all have internal hierarchy of how we ideally like to catch our bass. For me its shore better than boat, lure better than bait, surface better than diver (because like Daz, to me there is nothing so exciting than the attack). Ten pounders are indeed special and your fish Steve ticks all the boxes so adds even more value to an already rare event.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Did steve have another 2 over 8lb matt? im not sure though.Incredible day and would have loved to have been there.Im going to make a huge effort to get over to ireland next year.Waiting for fins c feedback on his cottage hes staying in at the end of the month.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts