The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after a week or two of ice and snow over here we finally got the long awaited thaw and more to the point got to get back out fishing again.:wink: So myself and Sam headed out to the local harbour to try a bit of LRF and even though the tide wasn't the best we still managed to winkle out a few fish.:-D I was first off the mark with a tiny little pin whiting and within a few minutes Sam was in with a little codling. I don't think either of us have been so excited to catch such small fish but there is something very rewarding not to mention addictive about catching them on lures with such light gear. :-D Unfortunately our LRF antics soon got the attention of one of the resident seals and change in venue was in order.:evil:

At this stage it must have been in or around low tide but we figured we'd give it a little while longer and decided to try another promising looking mark around the corner. After a bit of a clamber down the rocks to the water, we got to work gently bouncing some small paddle tail sp's along the bottom. I think we both ended up dropping a fish or two at the edge before one of mine stayed on the hook long enough to pose for a quick photo.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

I caught all my fish on some Yamaria Mama worm action fish, what a name but there basically just little paddle tailed sp's. Sam's were all taken on Charlie Brewer 1.5" Sliders, again little paddle tailed sp's. We both using pretty much identical set-ups, Cormoran ULX and 2500 Rarenium/Stradic CI4, the only difference was the braid.

Still have a lot more to suss out with this LRF stuff but its certainly a lot of fun. :-D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Stunning Fish Dave.... It just shows you what is about at this time of year. Looks like you could have a smallest lure caught cod competition.......;-);-)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nice one Guys,
The smiling faces say it all I think.
Loving the little cod.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great effort Dave, well done on the fish :p

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers lads, still have a lot to learn with this LRF stuff but I have a feeling that I'm going to have a lot of fun figuring it out over the winter, hopefully a few more species and some perhaps slightly bigger fish.;-) This LRF stuff is seriously addictive.:-D

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Superb! Had been wondering if I'll see any Cod on LRF, now I'm just wondering when.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Nice one guys, top stuff and plenty of fun im sure.

Weather and tides getting there up here for the next few night so ill hopefully be out myself.

We should a consider a LRF meet, im game to travel.? The new motorway makes it an easy journey to your neck of the woods for me these day.

Marty

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheers lads, I didn't realise that there was anything unusual about LRF codling. I have to say though that relatively speaking they gave a better account of themselves, well as much as a tiddler can but you know what I mean. They also seemed to take the lure more positively unlike the whiting which so far at least I've found seemed to nip at the tail of the sp.

We should a consider a LRF meet, im game to travel.? The new motorway makes it an easy journey to your neck of the woods for me these day.
Actually Marty an Irish LRF meet of some description may not be a bad idea at all, I mean it may be a case of the blind leading the blind initially but its certainly one way of trying to speed up the learning curve.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Great stuff. Must hit up some of the Dublin rocks soon for some mini bashing! :)

Conor

1 - 20 of 20 Posts