The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to get out on the estuary to fish the evening tide, Arrived at 18.30 decided to fish with a lucky craft sammy 100 with yellow belly, after 30 minutes first fish caught then virtually every cast fish showed interest, the water on this mark was superbly clear for the estuary with a very light breeze superb conditions to catch fish on this estuary.

I fished on to 22.00 and managed 9 bass on the sammy up to 42cm most of a good sporting size ,and i managed 2 fish on the tackle house feed shallow. Took plenty of photos on the blackberry but dropped it in the salt water for the last time and it has ceased to function. I must admit this has been the best session so far this year long may it contiinue.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Mike! Looking forward to a session like that myself sometime soon. :p

·
Registered
66 Posts
well done mike thats some great fishing, once again you,ve brilliantly in a difficult region,
hopefully this clear water will stay for a longer spell than last year, do you think thats the key at the moment?
ive been in the south west for a week where i caught quite well on a big patchinko, have you tried them in the south east yet?.
at some times the fish were almost fighting to jump on the hooks!, although for some reason i dont have the bottle to really try with them around essex!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well done mike thats some great fishing, once again you,ve brilliantly in a difficult region,
hopefully this clear water will stay for a longer spell than last year, do you think thats the key at the moment?
ive been in the south west for a week where i caught quite well on a big patchinko, have you tried them in the south east yet?.
at some times the fish were almost fighting to jump on the hooks!, although for some reason i dont have the bottle to really try with them around essex!
Hi mark, the water clarity helps but not essential, i have used every surface lure available !!but two stand out the Lucky craft gunfish and the Lucky craft sammy, fished fast to make them spit and pop and at intervals completely stop the lure and start again, I also cast it high into the air so it comes down in a big splash, Iam lucky as i live very near this estuary and after a lot of work looking for promising marks at low water i have found some hotspots with bigger fish. The patchinko has worked for me and have found the bass take the bigger lures better its all about location on this estuary and so far i have caught over 60 fish this season.
Your quite welcome to come along with me for a session !!. as long as its kept between us. Anyway tight lines and bet of luck.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Great report Mike...Particularly good to hear the Sammy's success as it's one of my favourite lures.

Sorry to hear about the Blackberry though. I 've just invested in a Canon Poweshot D10 water proof camera after ruining my Ixus last year in Ireland...and I barely got it damp. Not going to let that happen again..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts