The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the tide up this evening and managed to get my first couple of fish on a Tackle House Feed Shallow-Sardine. Both fish were about 2.5lb and really hammered it and were safely returned. Only problem now is that i am now going to have to invest another £20 or so.Pics attached-hopefully ok?
Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Andy! You'#ve beaten me to it on the Feed Shallow! I still haven't caught on it! :-(

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hi Andy great report and pictures of a couple of nice fish mate well done. I reconize that colour sand i know where you are , see you there soon.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Matt,
I try and cover as wide an area as possible, through the South Hams down sometimes as far as St. Austell Bay, although in reality i can normally go anywhere and not catch fish!
Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mike,
If you can tell a mark by the colour of the sand, then if i was wearing a hat i would certainly take it off to you! Look forward to catching up with you sometime.
Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
773 Posts
Nice fish Andy, the Feed Shallow is my goto lure I tend to always start with one.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks John,
Can i ask what colour you use? I went with the sardine as that was recommended for the south coast, but would be interested to find out what colours work for other people.
Regards
Andy

·
Registered
2,581 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a number of THFS's, but find the Sardine works best and especially at night. The Bass around here really hammer them. The sandeel-type is my daytime killer.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
But Ben have you got them wet yet or are you still looking at them !!!! :-o
They've had plenty of water-time Bobbyboy. Got the rusty hooks to prove it. I still keep trying them. When I do finally catch on one... party on!!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Thanks John,
Can i ask what colour you use? I went with the sardine as that was recommended for the south coast, but would be interested to find out what colours work for other people.
Regards
Andy
Hi Andy, I have three - White, Mullet and Sardine and all three have produce fish.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
No worries mate. We all have that lure mine is the X layer could be a whole new thread.

:confused:

....aaaah, now the XLayer!! - there's a lure!! :p

Big apologies to Andy by the way for totally sabotaging this thread. We're not far apart so hopefully we'll meet at some point mate :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No worries Ben, its strange how some lures work for some and not others, it's the same with flyfishing-confidence play a big part methinks?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hi Andy my best feed shollows are the sandeel, white and the orange and gold. Not had anything on the sardine yet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts