The Lure Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well am new to forum so hello to everyone:-D
Thought a would get my first report on even tho there isnt much happening up this way on the lures
bass wise(for me anyway:shock:)

well was out and tried a couple of marks for bass but nothing happening so moved to a mark that
normally produces pollock and wrasse

I was fishing heavy ground and was using a sluggo rigged weedless so a could get right in the kelp
and rocks

after a few chucks a was sure a fish was having a go at the lure :-D then a few more and a hooked
into a fish not very big but put up a canny fight, was expectin a wrasse or pollock but when it came
near the surface wasnt quite sure what it was till a got it a bit closer

turned out to be a codling of 35cm's lightly hooked so a quick couple of pic's then released the little
fella

had another few bites after but no hook ups:shock: so off home

Out in morning so hopfully might have a better report the morra:-D

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Hello Adam & welcome.

Amazingly other guys on here have had codling in the last few weeks on lures & plastics. Does this all bode well for a bumped cod year this winter.

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, and what a great first post. I am so impressed that people are getting codling on lures from the shore ..... amazing!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome m8, great looking ground by the way.
Cheers again lads, Yes dave this area is a great area

It has pollock wrasse cod/codling coal fish, scotch haddock and also hass smaller species like blennys, rockling and ss sea scorpions and smaller bait fish and crabs etc

But strangely i have never had a Bass from this mark or heard of and caught in this specific area?!? although have caught them north and south of this mark, is it possible for bass just to avoid an area completely or do you think i havent found the time yet when they are in this area??

cheers

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well am new to forum so hello to everyone:-D
Thought a would get my first report on even tho there isnt much happening up this way on the lures
bass wise(for me anyway:shock:)

well was out and tried a couple of marks for bass but nothing happening so moved to a mark that
normally produces pollock and wrasse

I was fishing heavy ground and was using a sluggo rigged weedless so a could get right in the kelp
and rocks

after a few chucks a was sure a fish was having a go at the lure :-D then a few more and a hooked
into a fish not very big but put up a canny fight, was expectin a wrasse or pollock but when it came
near the surface wasnt quite sure what it was till a got it a bit closer

turned out to be a codling of 35cm's lightly hooked so a quick couple of pic's then released the little
fella

had another few bites after but no hook ups:shock: so off home

Out in morning so hopfully might have a better report the morra:-D
Well done mate, Great effort :-D

;-)

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Great effort Adam and some good clear pictures of your mark to set the scene. Congrats on the codling.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts