The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after reading about others going croc hunting, I decided to try Bosherston again last weekend after blanking the week before after a sizeable croc breaking my braid and another strpping my lure. So this week I adamant to land one, so took my landing net this time. Got to the edge at about 6.00am to see plenty of small fish jumping and crocs feeding. So decided to try some cheap a few surface lures but after nthing changed to dexter easy walker in green which was the lure crocs seem to like. Never fished soo long on same lure before and walked the dog for 3 hours which was good practice for my bass sessions. Hooked and at last landed my 1st croc at 7.5lbs. Moved around the lilly ponds and had competition from 2 otters not far away. (great sight) Then after loosing 4 fish and then hooked to a bigger fish again on the green easy walker and then I here was when my learning the hard way started. How do land this fish on my own but after about 10 mins of preying it was stay on and struggling got him in and it weighed 12.5lbs :)

Got him back into the water safely and then tried to calm down for next 15mins after landing my PB in any fish:) On the way back to car,met up with some of the regulars bumblers and few new faces(great to meet you guys). Good mornings fishing although not many landed but good learnig session :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Well done to that man..........and hows' the water level there now........filled up a lot after all that rain?

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Super stuff Gwyn, glad you enjoyed and well done on the PB :-D

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Yeh, didnt mention above . . . a very well done on the pb :clap: :clap: :clap:. . . .

. . . & for not ending up in hospital this time ;) (Steve nearly did though :rofl:)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Nicely done, Gwyn! Would have loved to see those otters too....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts