The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Managed a few hours out yesterday evening, for some reason decided to try somewhere different to the usual spot that's been producing. Got down the sheep paths onto the rocks and it was looking very fishy.

We tried every plug in our boxes and all I managed was a few knocks and a follow from a pollock. Hmmm, think we should probably of gone to the ususal! Decided to try out a couple of SP's I recently received from AGM. Positoned myself over a deep gulley and lowered a white shad down, took up the slack and started just bouncing it real gentle on the bottom, was obviously irritating enough asw within seconds it was fish on and after a nice little scrap I pulled my first Wrasse out on SP's.

Not sure if it counts as HRF? Got to be something close though I guess, will definitely be having another crack at them!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmmm, bare with me!!! This photo size thing is killing me!!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Well done.

Go get some more.
Remember to try 'just leaving the lure alone' deadsticking.
You'll get some big fish doing nothing.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great effort Matt, stunning fish :-D

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Matt! Bigger than any Wrasse I've had on lures so far. Good work!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Well done Matt..that's one stunningly good looking fish....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Great looking fish Matt, nice one. Was suprised to land something similar a few weeks back off the rocks to the side of Bantham beach. I've heard there's some really big wrasse over there. Giant xlayers blue and mellon green fished as the tide floods the gulleys.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great looking fish Matt, nice one. Was suprised to land something similar a few weeks back off the rocks to the side of Bantham beach. I've heard there's some really big wrasse over there. Giant xlayers blue and mellon green fished as the tide floods the gulleys.
Yeah my mate had a 4lb on a white shad at challaborough, was a corking fish!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts