The Lure Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, just hoping if anyone see's this post i would be greatful for suggestions on what lures to use?
Tide is is at 23.00 and the tide is 5.95.
Thinking with starting with a surface lure(z-claw or patchinko).
but realy have no idea!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hope you have a good one Dom! I've got a dodgy foot at the moment causing me problems but I'm hoping to limp out for an hour or so, somewhere easy access.

If you're confident with surface lures then give them a try. I'll be fishing mostly soft baits I'd imagine, or very slowly fished diving lures. Whatever you use, just keep em slow.

Reactions: Dom Sheppard

·
Registered
519 Posts
dom,

if you want MHO, from a guy that spends 80-90% fishing in the dark stay away from surface lures, stick with small profile, shallow divers, the waters still a little cold so go with a lure that's got a tight action(wiggle) or go with small size sp's and light jig heads, you don't want to have to swim that lure through the water to fast so as not to hang up because it's to heavy, try shad tails and straight, try and keep your lures in the 3-5 inch range if poss, if water conditions are coloured up slightly, go a little larger in profile and length and maybe open up the wider action lures.

if you do want to use surface lures, keep your rod up and get them to slowly wake the surface.

keep your retrieve slow and simple, straight retieves work just fine and nail plenty of fish, lay in a coulple of stops here and there but mainly keep it simple and repeatable, what ever type of retieve you catch on, the rest will fall to the same.

colour wise what ever you have faith in, but dark colours score high as does yellow, purples, dark blues and did i mention yellow.

DO NOT SHINE YOUR LIGHT ON THE WATER, that is unless you want to go home early.

keep it slow, small and cover the water in a 3D image if that makes sense.

most of all keep safe.

all the best

kev

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got back now and wow what a bloody night, will post in the morn but had 10 bass(all caught on a x-layer) and the lost one.
Biggest was just under 4lb.
going to sleep now, with a big smile on my face.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Sounds good, Dom - well done!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Excellent! Very good work mate!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have bait fished for years for bass and i can honestly say i have never caught so many in one session and as big, i am so glad i changed to this type of sport!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts