1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People:Barry Pat Mark and myself.

Duration:12 hours

Tide:moderate

Weather:Overcast, humid and a slight westerly.

Bait:Soft Plastics

Rigs:Jig heads

Results:Codling, Coal Fish, Pollock, Red Gurnard, Launce, Mackerel, Poor Cod, Lesser Spotted Dog Fish, Bull Huss, Octopus, Ling, Sand eel, Wrasse.

Report:

We spent last Sunday out of Kilmore aboard Pats boat Wahoo on the light gear. Hoping to knock a bit of sport out the local Pollock population.

It was a fantastic day out with 2 double figure Pollock boated, which were also 2 personal bests :D

There was plenty of good solid fishing through out the day with the majority of the Pollock landed, in the 4lb to 6lb bracket. Plus a good few other species to spice the day up.

The full report and picture collection can be seen on my blog:

http://dannymeagher.wordpress.com/

Danny.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Great report Danny and I'm pleased you are keeping your blog going. I'm coming over to Fethard at the start of October and I've been reading your posts to find out more about the area.

I've only recently starting having a go for Pollock and the biggest so far is just four and a half, which fought like a beast, so I can't imagine what a double must feel like. Great stuff mate.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Great session Danny and what a variety of species.........

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Proper job Fellas! A fantastic collection of species! :clap: And the octopus can go on the lure-caught-species list can't it?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers lads,

It was a great session, brilliant sport on the lure rods.

Looking forward to the Coalies up in Norway, 20 days to go and the Super Mix is in for it !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts