The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a week of not being able to get online properly, I thought I'd wet the appetite of the lads planning on joining Nathan for the Cornish meet in November.

On Monday I found myself with the situation of deciding weather I wanted to go fishing for a couple of hours or head with my girlfriend to see her parents for a while.... :wink:

Arriving on my mark for the session there was some nice surf rolling in around 3-4 foot high in about 6-8 feet of water, causing some nice white water sections and a lot of current, however the sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud in the sky!

Not to be put off with the bright conditions I set to it. First spot on the mark was unproductive, and a bit disheartening as the water conditions looked perfect so I decided to start wandering. The tide was at low, just turning and about to push in so I was fairly restricted as to how far I could move, so I decided to clamber onto a little rocky 'island' point that I've fished before but without much success.

NOT THIS TIME!!

Second cast and I was into my first fish of the day.

Not the desired fish, but I'm off the mark.

On returning the fish to the water I noticed a fair few Garfish swimming around just off the rocks through my polorized - I figured they must be feeding on small bait fish after catching one and that the Bass might also be around drawn in by the distress and activity. Sure enough, a couple of casts later and my rod arches over into my first Bass of the afternoon :-D

A nice fish of around 4 - 4.5lb returned to fight another day :-D

Trying to cover as much water as possible on my little point I was soon into another Garfish, followed by this little beauty

I'm not sure if this little fella actually broke the 1lb mark, but it just goes to show in comparison to the size of my lure how much Bass are the top predators in our inshore waters!

What followed from here resulted in another first for me.... Is there such a thing as a Hat trick in fishing? There is now as far as I'm concerned,.... 3 casts, 3 Bass :mrgreen:

:-D :mrgreen: CHUFFED TO BITS!! :mrgreen: :-D

My adrenaline was pumping from here on, and I was beginning to get some laughs and funny looks from the surfer 'dudes' waiting in the water for the waves as I was shouting and jumping around like a Madman!! :???:

I hooked into a monster that I fought for a good 5 minutes, but spat the hook just as I was preparing myself to bend down and grip her :cry: I did get a clear look at her, she had some shoulders on her and Id guess she was around the 6 - 7lb mark :cry: GUTTED!

Apart from loosing her, the couple of hours I was fishing turned out to be such a blinding session! The catching didn't stop, all from the same mark in around 8 feet of water, and I ended the day with 10 Bass and 2 Garfish, all safely returned :-D All but one of the Bass were above 2lb with the biggest at around 4 - 5lb :-D

The big girls seem to be heading in now, and the weather conditions didn't seem to push them out further during the day, or put them off the feed! :mrgreen: Things are looking very promising for November!! I look forward to seeing all the lads then if not in Jersey before!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Cracking sport Mat! Well done!
Shame you didnt get the biggie in for a pic.
Cheers Nath.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one mate!! Very good work!! :)

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Lovely work Mat !!! :clap: Looking forward to seeing you, and fishing with you again soon :D.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Great fishing Arnie! Looking forward to catching up in November mate.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
You lucky, lucky b*****d!

Well done Matt. Thank the lord we are fishing together at the Jersey Festival. I need allk the help I can get.

Great report and great photos.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You lucky, lucky b*****d!

Well done Matt. Thank the lord we are fishing together at the Jersey Festival. I need allk the help I can get.

Great report and great photos.
HAHA, don't be daft mate!! I'm chuffed your my partner, we'll hit it hard!! ;-)

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Fabulous stuff Mat, well done mate, see you in Jersey soon :p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts