The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All

Well last night the wife finally managed to catch a Jersey fish,she has been with me on a few trips this year and not managed to catch one. Although to be fair I had only caught one with her on past trips.

Last night I was feeling confident after a few successful trips recently.

We headed to BB and cast in at about 20:50. I got the wife all setup as I really wanted her to catch, I put her where I thought the fish would be from last time, then setup my own rod and was just going to muck about where I thought there would be no fish.

Well first cast and I was FISH ON much to the wife's annoyance, anyway after that we switched spots and sure enough within about 3-4 cast I heard "I've got one" not half she landed a 42cm 1lb 7oz pollock, not bad for a first fish certainly bigger than my first.

After the fish count got to 3 to her and 2 to me her competitive streak came out, "I am winning", well fair enough anyway we fished for about 1 hour 10 and it finished up 4-6 to me, all but 2 of them were close to 40cm. Nearly all caught by casting into the same area.

The funniest one was when she had one on and needed a hand to get it up the wall, I dropped the drag right off on mine, went over to help got the fish on shore and looked back to see my light rod and reel setup with the tip twiching I ran over and grabbed it to find a good pollock on the end.
Now is that called a drop shot or dead sticking ? Or is there another term for static lures ;-)

Well as you can tell a fantatic time was had

PS all went once again to the same SP, he he he man I love those things

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Now is that called a drop shot or dead sticking ? Or is there another term for static lures ;-)
Nice one again Jeremy. It's really nice fishing with the family as long as you can find the fish or it can be a nightmare. To my limited knowledge I'm sure its called deadstick when left alone. Drop shotting is when you have a hook above your weight (paternoster style) with your hook trapped in the mainline standing out at 90 degrees (hope this makes sense)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
good report again Jem! Your really getting into this LRFing! You should give the MRF/HRF a go! Wait till you get yourself into a nice wrasse!! Again well done mate. (ps keith sent you a pm)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts