The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First session was on sunday, 20 fish best 3lb. Second session today 16 fish and a new PB of 4 and a bit (the extra bit beats my old PB of 4lb dead).Full report to follow as I am heading down the pub.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Good day today Ben, cheers!

I only had 5 schoolies, Ben had 16 I think?? but whose counting...should have stuck to that orange lure ;)
Great spot, looking forward to going back there.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Ben, that's insane! Nice one!!!

Reactions: Ben Pratt

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Wow Ben that's two brilliant sessions........Well done mate...

Reactions: Ben Pratt

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No worries Chad. Great to fish with both you and Ivan this week. Well done on those bass. Ended on 16 - got an extra one when I continued - only small and that area is deffinatey not for low tide. Got other marks nearby for then ;-).

I see Ivan has not mentioned being beaten by his daughter. What was it? 3 bass, 1 wrasse, 2 bream vs 1 bass! But importantly for some the bream were feeding hard and at only 30 m out. Good oppotunity to take them on lures!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I'm in the process of rejecting your offer of friendship now Ben, big mouth!!

Honestly - well done on the last few days fishing - have you bought every one of those gold and red IMA's yet ?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. Here is the report for sunday.

I met Ivan when it was still dark on Sunday morning. I was to show him the “local” (one hour drive) bass fishing on offer. I had fished the area three times previously and had blanked once in a dreaded east wind. With a west wind and a spring tide I was confident of a few bass but did not expect the Hampshire coast line to provide the amount of sport that I was to experience later.

The day got off to a slow start with one bass from the first mark caught on an IMA Sasuke orange/gold as this colour contrasts well in the twilight hour. A quick drive and Ivan and I fished the next mark roving the area in search for bass. However, we had nothing but a few hits for the next few hours on various shallow divers and surface plugs. This was probably beacuse we had missed the best time to fish these marks. Still confident of a few fish we moved onto the high tide mark and after a few casts with the Sasuke I added another couple of schoolies to the tally.

Ivan then had to leave on parent duty and wished me luck. 40 yards down and it begun the most eventful 2 hours of my lure fishing life. I found that I would pick up fish in pockets often three from one area then dead. I made myself keep on moving up the beach sticking to the game plan and it paid off as my tally kept on rising. After a hour into this mark I saw a nice fish follow my lure to about ten ft away from me i kept the lure moving, slowing it down, jerking and enticed a strike. The result - my best of the first day at 3lb (pictured below). I ended fishing this mark as I had another up my sleeve. My tally was now at 19, if i had stayed I think i coulded have added another 5 or even ten fish to this but the thought of a bigger specimen dragged me away. I got to the next mark a little later than planned and only picked up number 20 a schoolie. It was time to call it a day.

I took a break on monday and contacted Chad and ivan to see if they were up for a session the following day.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nice bass Ben,
well done on sticking to your plan and making it work.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tuesday

With the same marks and a similar plan went much the same way. I fished with Chad and met Ivan and his daughter along the beach. I had less fish in total at 16 but had two good sized fish at 3.5lb and a new PB of 4.25lb. Again most fish were on the orange/gold sasuke - although other lures were tried. I think Chad caught on the most garish lure I have ever seen - looked like a rainbow.

This time Chad and I made it over to the other mark with in better time but now the weed was the problem. But I added another two to the tally on the osp rudra.

2 great days fishing - nice to no it can be found a bit closer to home. The great thing about this area is that marks only a few hundred meters apart come alive at different stages of the tide making it a good location for full day trips. I am hoping that later in the season the average size of fish will be bigger and a few beasts might make an appearance.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Ben, that's insane! Nice one!!!
Well done ben, Great session mate. Will have to visit your tackle shop!! you take American express.LOL.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts