The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished earlier with callum and paul.

we had loads of pollack in heavy swell and strong run.

Callum had 3 bass + a mackerel

I'll write up a blog report with pics

I moved over a mile or so after leaving the guys...

11 Bass but not big un's, average 2 1/2lb er's but, in coloured water.
It was slow at first, and I took a couple of pics but, I switched to a grub tail lure and it was a fish a chuck nearly.

Not had any Bass on grub tails before tonight so I'm made up.

Pics will be processed later today.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Looking forward to the write up !!

Also, having seen the pics from Henry over the past few days, i'm off to grow a moustache like Kev. As a Welshman, i should be able to squeeze one out pretty quickly !! It should be ready by the time i get out there ;).

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one mate.

11 Bass but not big un's, average 2 1/2lb er's but, in coloured water.
It was slow at first, and I took a couple of pics but, I switched to a grub tail lure and it was a fish a chuck nearly.

Not had any Bass on grub tails before tonight so I'm made up.
Guessing the exaggerated, easy, swirly action OTD was useful in coloured water then? Shad tails not up to it?

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Another belting write-up Keith :clap:. Your catch-rates are ridiculous !! I want some of that !!!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
For me the grub tail baits are some of the least attractive to look at. Took me a while to get my head around the fact that they are good because that silly looking tail moves so easily. I need to use them more than I do, but it's good to see them being successful.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Another belting write-up Keith :clap:. Your catch-rates are ridiculous !! I want some of that !!!
Thanks for all the hard work put into make these catches a possibility and for the rest of us to stand a chance of getting some of the action. Most of us wouldn't stand a chance without the info posted here and on the blogs. Ta !

·
Registered
324 Posts
nice one Keith, we fished portlet earlier though nothing of note. Did notice alot of smaller Bass around the heads.are you guys out friday evening?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
cheers for the report mate that wind made it difficult to fish but it was bloody good fun

1 - 15 of 15 Posts