The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out today to search out somewhere I've not managed to get to this season......always the wrong swell size and direction & the winds always been in your chops :evil: However, strangely for this lateness in the season, today's conditions were spot on :shock::-o:shock:
We checked out somewhere else first....just to confirm the conditions/check the rods were working correctly :wink: and to warm up for the long walk to the chosen destination :arrow:
Parked up the van, up with the waders and trek on into the distance. I've never been to this mark before, but seen many a picture and every one only wetted the appetite more :mrgreen: After a sweaty few mins :wink: what greeted us was a real treat......gin clear water, light patches, dark patches, shallows, deeps, boulders, ledges, gullies, rock fingers, current, boils.................but with no apparent access :evil::evil::evil: We soldiered on for a while wishing for a route down and then around the corner.......mummy and baby seals all cwtched up on the pebbles, puffin holes everywhere......was this place for real? After a further 10mins of zero potential for access, thoughts were making for a return to the van and a move to a better known mark :???:
On the return leg, we thought 'a little further on might offer something'......lo and behold, a trail only suitable for the goat was leading down into the depths of the appealing bay.....'you first' was the quiet comment from Pops and not being one to shun an opportunity....I was on it!
Todays result - a huge effort for a feisty wrasse, but heaps of new grounds discovered, no pictures but heyho :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Anyone else catch owt today?

This place rocks I reckon.....when conditions allow

·
Registered
207 Posts
A trail only suitable for a goat....you first said Pops. See you both back at the van I would have replied ! Nice one on the Wrasse and the new mark after putting in the time and effort to find it and get an access point (suitable for some !) Hopefully Gower will be worth a go over the next couple of days. May give it a go when my little ones in school tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how I get on. Mike

·
Registered
92 Posts
hi guys-megabass cliff scaler-who do you think has to carry it!!!!

·
Registered
779 Posts
hi guys-megabass cliff scaler-who do you think has to carry it!!!!
lol just be careful Jeff - not sure if A&E in Haverfordwest could get that treble out of your hand ;-)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some good replies gents, thanks for the support with the bank balance destroyer......I have one on order as we broke the prototype out on the Worm!

BTW, Tom, where the heck do you find this stuff.......it took me years of research to get one?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts