The Lure Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after yesterday's very welcome session Sean and I just had to go get some more action with the weather the way it is at the moment. This time we got up early and got to the same spot as the evening before. Low tide was 7.45 so got there in plenty of time for low and then the crucial push of the tide. There wasnt a cloud in the sky and the water was gin clear. The swell had dropped a little but was still moving alot of water around in front of us. We got our trusty soft plastics out that did the damage the day before(me xlayer giant Ayu, Sean sluggo sandeel 6" both on 7gm jigheads) and cast for a while before Sean spotted a Bass cruising in front of him, 2 casts later bang fish on. A tidy fish of about 2 lb, after screaming like girls again we breathed a sigh of relief and pressed on. Sean then saw a fish in the face of a 4ft wave just outside of the reef and pointed to me where it was then the next wave jacked up and we both saw 4 bass almost surfing the face of the wave, was an awesome sight and fired us up once again. Just inside where we saw the surfing bass there was a tight sandy bottomed pass between two rocks and I started working the xlayer through it and wasnt long before I had my first of the day. Had to crank him in as he was getting very close to the rocks and a potential rub off. Screaming like girls once again! Next it was Seans turn and he got smacked by a lovely bass right at his feet very close to some long kelp fronds. Whooping girls again! Sean then spotted a bass cruising not far from the pass I had been working and as he was higher than me on a rock directed me as to where to cast. I hit the spot and he said thats the one and bang fish on.
We couldnt belive what was happening that morning with bright sun, gin clear water, sight casting to the fish we thought we had been teleported to the tropics without knowing. We called it a day when the tide got to the point of cutting us off but managed a few casts in the gulley sean had a schoolie last knockings last night. I stuck on a new IMA Popkey I had and had two follows by small bass but they just turned at the last moment. Suppose it just confirms how bloody good the xlayers are.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Luke! I'm saving my fish for more of a weekly report, but it's nice to see a few around at last isn't it! Shame the low tides are getting later from now onwards as it'd be nice to get down to that spot at dawn. Don't think i'll be able to fish tomorrow, but wish I could.

I actually blanked tonight for the first time in absolutely ages. Gutted!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Great report! "screaming like girls" lol

Look at all that lovely white water in the first pic. A friend of mine who knows more about plugging than I'll ever know swears by orange coloured lures in white foam water.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Brilliant report Luke, well done on the fish and it sounds as if you had a great time !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts