The Lure Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That git Nelson has just phoned me, he popped out on his own after work and has had 27 Bass!! He said it was just ridiculous and if we had all been there it would have been epic. Long live flattening the barbs, he said all the fish were back in the water within seconds :)

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I walked a SE coast gutter on the ebb ****.

I had 7 little un's and saw some pretty big Mullet in a 2 hour session. Biggest about 2 1/4lb

Top sport from Nelson.

·
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
saw nelson yesterday and he wasn't lying! I've NEVER seen anything like that before ****! BUZZING!
When I saw it on sunday it was crazy, it was a fish a cast for a while. But they are small in general, Nelson said his best was about 3lb, which is bigger than we had in that spot on sunday. He went out again tonight and stopped counting when he got to 10, he had an estimated 5lb'er to the boat but lost it at the last second (he doesnt use a net) and said the fish were still generally small but with a couple of better ones thrown in. I do think this weekend could be magical. Like Alun has shown, I think bigger fish will be in the deeper water or more covered areas.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
When I saw it on sunday it was crazy, it was a fish a cast for a while. But they are small in general, Nelson said his best was about 3lb, which is bigger than we had in that spot on sunday. He went out again tonight and stopped counting when he got to 10, he had an estimated 5lb'er to the boat but lost it at the last second (he doesnt use a net) and said the fish were still generally small but with a couple of better ones thrown in. I do think this weekend could be magical. Like Alun has shown, I think bigger fish will be in the deeper water or more covered areas.
Unfortunately...

It doesn't take long for news like this to spread. There will be a whole regatta out there on the weekend + netters, bottler's etc..

SE should be protected imho.

·
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunately...

It doesn't take long for news like this to spread. There will be a whole regatta out there on the weekend + netters, bottler's etc..

SE should be protected imho.
Well the only people that know are the guys on here, and most people I know now practice C&R 99% of the time. The thing with the SE corner Keith is its a very big area, and you can be 100 yards away from a blank or a great day. Fingers crossed these fish dont find a net eh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts