The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a cracking day out. weather was spot on, water like gin, no swell......got that summer feeling already.

We ventured into some more unknown ground for us and got quite excited at what was found. Walked miles, fell over loads, lost one plug, enjoyo :spoo:

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Looks like a good day out, cracking looking marks ! Any fish caught ?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Love the ground in pic 3, give a month, and things will be completely different.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
ahhh recognise it now with the xtra pics. Lovely area, stunning ground. It's on my list for this year.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Si, some very fishy looking spots there! Good research for the spring I am sure. Did you move any fish?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Amazing spots there.

Has anyone got any tips for fishing marks like the one in the second picture where there is a fair bit of kelp around you feet? Do you bring the lure to the edge and then try to flick the lure back to you feet or just fish with weedless softies only?

·
Registered
43 Posts
nice day out si, next month will see the sea trout strating to run and the pars come down to go to sea then you will get the bass starting to feed on the small fish and if warm the crabs will be peeling something for the bass to come in close to shore for its is going to be a good year for us boys down here .

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is that the little baitcaster getting a work out in the 1st pic Si?
Yup, well spotted Andy, its only 5'2" or something.....still, JCMR is only a short-arse so it fits him well ;)

Si, some very fishy looking spots there! Good research for the spring I am sure. Did you move any fish?
Managed to move a bit of wind Tim while squatting down in the rockpools having a mooch around....but no fish, ideal place for them though....you been here?

hi si,is that carfai 3rd one down,cheers daz
Spot on there mate....you fished it? Access looks well trying, even for two well seasoned climbing aficionados........maybe get round at low tide and then climb out, or maybe kayak in?

Some beautiful grounds covered and cannot wait for the warmer times :)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Amazing spots there.

Has anyone got any tips for fishing marks like the one in the second picture where there is a fair bit of kelp around you feet? Do you bring the lure to the edge and then try to flick the lure back to you feet or just fish with weedless softies only?
well, I didn't manage to lose anything within the kelpy grounds in these pictures, just tug tug the plug back and hold on as I'm certain there will be some ladies hanging around in them stalks. You could also fish it weedless if you felt that way inclined ;-)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nice day out si, next month will see the sea trout strating to run and the pars come down to go to sea then you will get the bass starting to feed on the small fish and if warm the crabs will be peeling something for the bass to come in close to shore for its is going to be a good year for us boys down here .
You are lucky having this type of ground so close Mark, it screams of good fishing. I bet the place is a shit in the summer months with all the tourists though?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
si i fish carfai,caught good bass there on float and macky underside believe it or not,was fishing for pollack.ive started plugging there and have had hits on the top.i fish above that slope in the left of the picture, on big tides.not so much of a drop then.have seen lads get down where your standing but they were just exploring.did ya see the drop into that gulley,my legs go funny when i walk past it.cheers daz

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
si i fish carfai,caught good bass there on float and macky underside believe it or not,was fishing for pollack.ive started plugging there and have had hits on the top.i fish above that slope in the left of the picture, on big tides.not so much of a drop then.have seen lads get down where your standing but they were just exploring.did ya see the drop into that gulley,my legs go funny when i walk past it.cheers daz
We got there at half tide mate, so the RHS was already flooded, and that looked the easiest way in. Definite no go from the LHS unless you want to get wet! I'm not too bothered by heights.....its only the landing that hurts!
We'll meet up around here when your down, we also checked out Whitesands area, into that 2nd bay to the N.......WOW

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
down august 7th for 3 weeks but want to get down in may for a weekend.as for the tourists si ive never found a problem but saying that im plugging at first light. never met a plugger on any of the marks i fish,the only people you might pump into are walkers doin the coastal path.one place that needs lookin at is the left and right handside of solva,lot of white water and structure,but not sure what access is like.cheers daz ps yep whitesands looks awesome!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Managed to move a bit of wind Tim while squatting down in the rockpools having a mooch around....but no fish, ideal place for them though....you been here?

Some beautiful grounds covered and cannot wait for the warmer times :)
Si, not sure I recognise it but it looks mouthwatering. I guess you will have a few aces up your sleeve for the April Bumble with all this exploring? The first photo is the one I love - you can just smell the bass....

·
Registered
500 Posts
nice pics mate, we got some banging coastline around here! sooo much ground to explore, going to be a long, tiring, but wicked summer!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts