The Lure Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Well, it might as well have been.

After driving to 3 other marks, we settled in a small corner of Town Harbour.

It was blowing hard and cold wherever we looked. It was getting toward low tide and we had 0.75 mtrs of water underneath us. We could see everything in the tap clear water.

I was armed with 5lb straight through fluorocarbon line, a size 12 hook carolina style and a tiny Yamashita lure, another worm bake but half the usual size.

I had a fish or two on a 2g head before it went silly. Fish following me up over stones, the lure being refused time and time again. So I went really LRF.

10 fish were caught in total. All small but in clear, shallow, cold water.

Kev had 3 fish and he went as small as rod and equipment allowed. He, nor Mark couldn't follow me down into the macro sized stuff.

It's late so I'll expand on this tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one guys! How did you get on with the lighter fluoro mainline? Had literally just started talking about that in the LRF section.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one guys! How did you get on with the lighter fluoro mainline? Had literally just started talking about that in the LRF section.
Actually, it works very well indeed. One flick and its under the wind swept water. feel isn't braid quality but still very good detection wise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts