The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went out at high tide this afternoon to fish the drop. Decided to stick with the hard plastics today, I must admit I was tempted to put a softie on at times but stuck to the plan til the end. We tried some cheeky little areas, and once again were gobsmacked there were no bass, or follows, just buckets full of sandeels swimming round not looking like a bass or any other predatory fish were within a mile of them.

Anyway we bumbled about over some of our marks that have produced at that state of tide before, and eventually stumbled accross a few near the Rhino. The fish were mainly taken on the Zonk 120, but I kept on with the Rudra and it came good, man I love that lure, it fits right into a depth/action that I have been looking for for a few years, its gonna be good. One note about the Rudra though, hooks are like wet pants, not good at all.

So we clocked up about 10 bass between us and in the distance, right up in the shallow we could see sea gulls having a right party, sat on the water, flying around, making a bit of a racket. So after about 20 mins of wondering we decided to go over and have a look. Well it was crazy, basically you cast the lure, turn the handle with a jerk to get it down to depth, stop reeling, count two, start reeling and fish was on within 5 cranks. This went on til we had about 20 more fish between us. Not big fish but they still gave a good scrap on the Injection and 10lb braid. We had crushed the barbs on the trebles before we started today, its a must to be honest as we had a load of Pollack today and I even had a cracking wrasse that really did give a good account for itself, crush them barbs guys it really helps unhooking and saves the fish alot of agro.

The bigger fish went 3-4lb, some were 2lb but most of the crazy buggers were about a pound/pound and a half.

Bons temps

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
You guys have had one hell of a day, great report **** and well done to all, awesome fishing :-D

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
What a fantastic days fishing ****......]
]

You occasionally get days like that, you just have to take advantage and enjooooyyy!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice one **** it seems that they were all over the place down the East we managed 16 in the Yak's Seymour way

Out at 4.30 to fish the low great fishing untill the seals decided it was time for breakfast then things went dead but as you say it was great to be out and see a few fish even if they were on the small side some no more than 3/4 lb best about 2 1/2lb

It was the Ghost Lancon Patchinko that did it for me

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
A great session there **** .... 31 bass ..... jeez that is amazing in an afternoon!!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Great to see you in the fish, **** and back out on the boat. Well done!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Fair Play - good result for a day out

Me and kev plugged thru the night sat till sunrise - Nada

1 - 20 of 30 Posts