The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a quick session down the Lleyn today, Nice swell running but very bright and quite alot of weed making things difficult, after 1/2 an hour of clearing the water in front of me of weed I connected with a nice fighter which punched well above its weight 1.5lb, the fish was bleeding from the gills after unhooking and I thought it might not make it, so I left it in a rock pool to see if it would recover.

After a bit longer I was hit by another fish, this one was only about 1lb and was unhooked and released without a problem. At this point I went to check on the injured bass who seemed to have recovered nicely, so was released and swam off strongly :)

At this point Jay was shouting over to me saying he was into a fish!! By the time I got over to him he had a bass just shy of 2lb. A few minutes later I was into another fish which went 2lb on the boga. Also released to grow bigger.

The lure I had all three on was the black back silver sided zonk, and Jay had his on my old beat up mullet zonk - that lure has seriously seen better days but still seems to nail the fish.

·
Registered
773 Posts
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Nice little session Fin, got to love a zonk no matter how battered they just keep producing.[/FONT]

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Cracking stuff Fin!
They love the zonks at that mark, good thinking with the rockpool too!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts