The Lure Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAve been saving for my new rod and reel and probably will have a little left over for say 4 or 5 new lures..
what lures are must haves ? say for £50 - £60

and where 2 get them?????

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Very generic question Alun. The best way to get started is to consider the ground you fish, then choose the most appropriate lures for that place. You could get 200 suggestions for 'good' lures, but good for what? Some lures are good in some areas, others are not. Let us know the areas and ground you are fishing, what sort of baitfish are found there etc, then I am sure you could get more specific suggestions. Better doing it that way than buying 5 lures straight off and being dictated to as to where and when you can fish by your choice of purchase. That doesn't sound that clear, but it does in my head.

·
Registered
285 Posts
There is a sticky in this Tackle Talk section Dave Irving did about the best lure of 2009. Have a look at that it'll give you a great place to start.

Andy

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Alun
I have fished Cardigan Bay (was up there last night!) and would have to say that some shallow divers are essential. One of these would do: Maria Chase BW; Tackle House Feed Shallow (the dearest but my fave!); Daiwa Chugger Minnow; Daiwa Saltiga Minnow. This is an endless discussion as there as many lures as there are anglers it seems. Some topwater lures are also essential as most marks in Cardigan Bay are relatively shallow and they are very effective. Again, loads to choose from: from Cordell Pencil Popper at £6.99 to Z-Claw or Patchinko at £20+. Yo Zuri Mag Popper (10cm) is a good versatile surface lure for the money and well proven. Always one in my box.
read lots of threads and speak with some tackle shop owners or come out with us before the meet. South Pembs tomorrow....

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone baught any lures from agmproducts. the sofft plastics look good...are any of the pulgs recomended?? or am i better off going straight for some more expensive ones.

hopefuly i can reply to pms now

·
Registered
285 Posts
I agree with Mark, great selection of soft plastics, great service, great price.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
anyone baught any lures from agmproducts. the sofft plastics look good...are any of the pulgs recomended?? or am i better off going straight for some more expensive ones.

hopefuly i can reply to pms now
As Mark said, AGM are very highly rated around here on the SP side at least... IMO some of the plugs are defo worth a look at; at the prices they charge they've got to be worth a punt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts