The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 weekends without a sniff went back to the Gower this morning. Low water was around 5ish I was fishing by 4.30am with sun just starting to show. Water was a bit coloured and getting churned by a fairly strong south westerly which made casting a challenge.

At 5.15 got stuck into this 2 lb bass on a 145mm Saltiga Minnow Sardine......At last:grin:

Kept fishing till around 9 ish but nothing else showing apart from a seal hanging round the bay. As I'm fairly new to this should I have carried on or packed up when seals are around or can you still catch when they are about:?:

Hopefully this is now the start of a great summer's fishing:grin:

2lb Bass Caught 017.JPG

Attachments

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Stephen
Personally I think seals are a good sign. They are only there because there are fish there. I have caught all sorts of fish whilst seals have been present or straight after they have swam through the area that I am fishing. Just be aware that they can & will grab fish that you have hooked especially mackerel I have found.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Well done for sticking at it, Stephen. We have found it tough the last few weeks so don't be disheartened - let's hope that is the first of many!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Well done Steve - a wet & windy morning today ! A very nice capture in the conditions !!! :clap:

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Nice one Steve and well done :-D

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Well done Stephen nice looking fish there. The seals dont bother me, i find the fishing improves sometimes when a seal is about

1 - 9 of 9 Posts