The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the missus I phone so just a quick report.
Had a quick session last night and had at least 30 mackrel on a popkey great fun. Put on a zone and had a 4.5pm bass then had another in the dark on a tideminnow same size.
Went out this morning and had a nice fat fish of 4.75lb was shorter than yesterdays fish but was really thick. Got it on the x120 then had 2 schoolies on a kamuy

Had a walk to a Mark today and saw a few very big bass in the shallows had a few swirls but nothing connected

Will be there first light to see if they want some plastic for dinner

Went to a Mark midday today and lots of bass there

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
have a great time over there in the land of milk and honey............theres some big girls there waiting for you...........already had your pb but lets hope theres more to come ........

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some Pics

Here are some pics of the bass from saturday/suday, This week has been very difficult with the strong SW winds.

I have had a couple of sessions with Crevan and a quick session with Barry Howlin and Crevan, I cant thank you both enough for your hospitality and willingness to share marks and tactics. Hopefully the weather will settle enough by saturday for me to get in a final session and maybe beat my new PB!!

First Irish Bass fell to a Zonk gateride 4.5lb

New PB fell to a megabass x-120 4.75lb - was actually shorter than the first fish, 54cm but chunky

and it really engulfed the lure!!

A self portrait of myself and the PB!!

Attachments

·
Banned
1,934 Posts
Here are some pics of the bass from saturday/suday, This week has been very difficult with the strong SW winds.

I have had a couple of sessions with Crevan and a quick session with Barry Howlin and Crevan, I cant thank you both enough for your hospitality and willingness to share marks and tactics. Hopefully the weather will settle enough by saturday for me to get in a final session and maybe beat my new PB!!

Hi Fin
No worries at all. I enjoyed the company. It has been really tough going though with the winds the way they are....I just hope you can get a chance to get fishing without a gale howling through!!! Saturday looks the best bet but the water clarity could well be awful....(I know it will be but I am thinking positive!!!) :)

You'll just have to book another holiday over here.... ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts

Hi Fin
No worries at all. I enjoyed the company. It has been really tough going though with the winds the way they are....I just hope you can get a chance to get fishing without a gale howling through!!! Saturday looks the best bet but the water clarity could well be awful....(I know it will be but I am thinking positive!!!) :)

You'll just have to book another holiday over here.... ;)
i hope the rest of your stay is full of fish their are some big fish moving in that area Dave Tilly

1 - 13 of 13 Posts