The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit north this afternoon by myself.

As soon as got to mark and first cast, lure hit the water, a seal rolled out of the water backwards with a big splash turned and seen me and dived again about 10ft away - dont know who was more suprised!

The seal stayed close by for the 2 hrs I was there appearing every few mins checking me out and then ducking back when spotted - tried to get a few photos of it but they all just show water as it did not stay up long enough to get in shot.

Glad he did not take a fancy to my lure as wasnt up for holding onto that - have seen one over here once before years ago but from a distance and far out, but this was on shoreline, in rough shallowish ground.

Was thinking that with the seal being about the fish might be scared off, but was soon feeling the wrasse bites and managed to catch 5 whilst there - had 2 xlayers bit clean in half by big bites just below the hook, didnt manage hook ups on them tho.

The strong winds made it hard to keep slack off the line and a big bow in it, but the new Pink YGK braid I got last week handled it nicely and made things easier to detect

The biggest wrasse I managed today was 2.8lb.

This wrassing is great for improving my skills and techs and good fun too.

Went out last night with kev after dark in current for the silvers, had a couple of bites but no hook ups, conditions where tough, needed to keep a eye out for the big swells, was good experience an trying to get the hang of lures in the dark more.

Here is todays wrasse:

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Dave, Fab report and pics, I like to see the Wrasse with their different colour and markings they look fantastic !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts