The Lure Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having had a few blanks at the end of may, i was determined to get june of to a good start i grapped my Tenryu Top water and van staal ,and was eager to get out on the estuary after spending a morning in the city. Arrived a bit late so wasent confident of catching on my topwater lures, tried in vain with the sammy but nothing as expected, walked to my usual mark which fishes ok couple of hours before high tide put feed shallow on and fished it hard walking up and down the shore banging out the lure but nothing in spite of great conditions.

Decided then to walk back to car chucking out the feed shallow !!on the way back, About an hour after high tide i stopped at an area ive always liked but not fished it at this state of the tide ,fish were jumping in front of me and there was plenty of bait fish in the water casted the feed shallow over a submerged island as the tide was just clearing it very shallow and easy to get caught up but the flow of the water over it was perfect for a hunting bass, bang fish on after a superb fight fish of 2lb then fishing the lure in the same fashion every other cast fish on.

Just goes to show was going to finish session but this spot just felt and looked right ended up with 6 at 2lb, 3lb, 2lb,3lb,1and a half pound and 4lb.
Iam chuffed as so far this season ive had 31 bass. Pic to follow.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
[/IMG]
Having had a few blanks at the end of may, i was determined to get june of to a good start i grapped my Tenryu Top water and van staal ,and was eager to get out on the estuary after spending a morning in the city. Arrived a bit late so wasent confident of catching on my topwater lures, tried in vain with the sammy but nothing as expected, walked to my usual mark which fishes ok couple of hours before high tide put feed shallow on and fished it hard walking up and down the shore banging out the lure but nothing in spite of great conditions.

Decided then to walk back to car chucking out the feed shallow !!on the way back, About an hour after high tide i stopped at an area ive always liked but not fished it at this state of the tide ,fish were jumping in front of me and there was plenty of bait fish in the water casted the feed shallow over a submerged island as the tide was just clearing it very shallow and easy to get caught up but the flow of the water over it was perfect for a hunting bass, bang fish on after a superb fight fish of 2lb then fishing the lure in the same fashion every other cast fish on.

Just goes to show was going to finish session but this spot just felt and looked right ended up with 6 at 2lb, 3lb, 2lb,3lb,1and a half pound and 4lb.
Iam chuffed as so far this season ive had 31 bass. Pic to follow.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Really good session there Michael. Nice to pull out a result like that at the end, when things didnt seem to be going too well :clap: :clap:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts