The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down the Lleyn with Jay this afternoon hoping to get him his first bass, conditions looked perfect when we arrived at the mark - nice swell, clear water and overcast. I was into a nice little bass of about 1.5lb after 2 casts, followed by another of about the same stamp 5 minutes later. Then Jay was shouting over to me that he was in!!! After 18 months of plugging he was finally into a bass!!!

At high water all went quiet, about an hour later I decides to cast over a few boulders that were jutting out creating loads of fizz, the wind took my line nicely in an arc that would swing the lure round past the boulders and then parallel with them - well the bass seemed to like this approach and as soon as the lure was next to the rocks my line started heading away from the rocks!!! my line was stripping off the spool at quite a rate and I was into a nice fish then the lure and fish parted!!! so straight away i did the same, and a few tries later I was in again, still felt like a nice fish which gave a nice account of its self, after a decent wave she was landed and went just over 3lb on the boga!! a pb for me. Jay landed another soon after and I had another 2 bass both about 2.5lb.

I noticed today that some of the fish had very light sandy colouring when landed and as soon as they were recovered in a dark coloured rock pool they turned dark backed almost instantly!!

Jays first bass

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Nice report and pics Fin, well done :p

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Good work guys, great fishing. A P.B and a first ever Bass it doesn't get much better!

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Good work fellas, a good session in many ways!

Very interesting that they change colour so quickly, nicely backs up Paul B's post t'other night.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
well done boys....jay i hope you felt the same as me on catching that first bass !!!!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
nice one Fin ....... a first ever bass, and 2 pb's , that will do nicely !!! where did youre lure and fish part company? clip , braid /fluro knot or was it braid on barnacles? never a good combination.....

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The lures that produced were the mullet zonk, blue daiwa minnow, and Jays first came on a yozuri mag slider in green.

Didnt go left Daz was deep enough at the usual place.

The hookhold failed on the lost fish, I think it must have smashed into the side of the passing lure with its gill rakers and been a poor hookup, as soon as it hit the surface and thrashed about a bit they parted company!!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
The lures that produced were the mullet zonk, blue daiwa minnow, and Jays first came on a yozuri mag slider in green.

Didnt go left Daz was deep enough at the usual place.

The hookhold failed on the lost fish, I think it must have smashed into the side of the passing lure with its gill rakers and been a poor hookup, as soon as it hit the surface and thrashed about a bit they parted company!!
ah sorry, i thought you lost your lure as well ........ had my fair share of fish on and quickly off again recently as well..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts