The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, after a week of east-nort east wind's the fishing on the east cost has been bad,I had 2 night session's with only one small pollock so last night i decided to give it one more go. after fishing for about 15min my rod bent over and line started to pour of the reel, the fish put up a great fight. After a quick few pic's taken by Dave Fitzs the fish went back,this has to be one of the best sights in fishing, the lure was a Rapala XRap 10.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Welldone sam,nice fish indeed.Xrap 10 goes on my clip before my zonk.I love them,spotted minnow is simply a killer.Just bought the xrap 12 but havnt used it yet.
cheers daz.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Cracking fish Sam...well done mate.......:-D:-D

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Well done.

It's great seeing the slow but steady swing to blokes night lure fishing and the results that are coming in.
Hopefully your great fish will encourage others.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice fishing Sam, Can i ask are you better of with brighter colour lures when night fishing (Orange \ White) or does it make any difference at all, open question to anyone the has caught at night.

Cheers
Wayne

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Nice fishing Sam, Can i ask are you better of with brighter colour lures when night fishing (Orange \ White) or does it make any difference at all, open question to anyone the has caught at night.

Cheers
Wayne
I tend to use bright colours (white actually) for lures on the bottom like xlayers and similar, and dark colours for surface/shallow lures, trying to show contrast against the background. but, if i'm honest, i'm not sure it makes too much difference. When the fish have been really on, I've changed from dark to light or vice versa and cant say it made any difference.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts