The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided to try 3 marks on my local estuary today, using the Feed shallow which has served me well this season 1st mark with a rocky bottom i blanked, fished this 2 hours before high usually produces but nothing, moved to my 2nd mark at around high tide 1st cast caught a small bass not much bigger than the lure, Then about half an hour after high tide fish came thick and fast in the space of an hour caught 8 fish Ranging from 36 cm thru to 40cm most around the 2lb mark not massive but great sport, Needless to say didint get to fish my 3rd mark, The Tackle house feed shallow is an awesome lure. ive had 51 fish on this lure so far this season certainly has outfished most lures ive used so far.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
[/IMG]

·
Registered
161 Posts
so whats the colour you were useing i hear that the 105 in mullet good pattern not use them lot got sardine with red belly in 128 f also good colour

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sounds like all the "hungry" fish are around your part of Essex, Michael!
Am seeing them here but they dont wanna play ball. Dont even wanna play bite the lure, for me either. To be fair tho, this wind really isn't helping matters.

I went out a couple of evenings ago. Stood knee deep in water where I could see bass close around around me, but with almost every cast I made in the awful right to left wind that was blowing, I had a massive bow of line to recover before I could get to work the lure properly. Fishing fairly tight between "crops" of kelp, I couldnt afford to mess about with getting the bow in either.

Good luck with future trips Michael.

so whats the colour you were useing i hear that the 105 in mullet good pattern not use them lot got sardine with red belly in 128 f also good colour
I have the 105 mullet. About the 4th cast I made with it produced a fish for me. In fact, that afternoon (couple of weeks back) produced 5 total and all to that lure.
Have the Rainbow Pearl No6 on its way from **** as we speak too. Hopefully, this wind will have abated by the time it arrives!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hi Mike great report and pic. The FS in orange and gold has worked well for me this year. Well done keep them coming.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for thr replys guys, Iam using the 105 feed shallow,. in sardine red belly with and without. Dince these fish were caught ive switched mainly to surface lures, Frosty, Sammy, Patchinko, z claw and all bigger fish up to 8lb have come early morning at least 3 hours before high tide, The water clarity on the mark is particularly good as it is an Oyster and Mussel bed iam fishing over, So far ive caught 150 bass from 1lb to 8lb, i dont count the smaller ones!! that still manage to tackle a lure bigger than themselves. It was a late start here and so far most fish in july.

I agree the wind we are getting here is a pain at the moment, To be honest i dont even bother when its like that. Anyway good luck and Tight lines.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Dont suppose you got a garden shed I could put a hammock up in, by chance Michael, lol.

I have to say that water clarity here this year has been really good too. Yeah, I know I am only a few miles up the coast from you, but compared to the usual blend of "hot chocolate and soup" that colours the waters in our estuaries here, it really has been ever so clear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts