The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well just to backtrack to wednesday i was woken by a lovers tiff outside my house at 6am.i could not go back to sleep so i headed out for a few casts.so on with a patchinko and after a few casts i hit into a big bass i got it in beside me all i had to do was lift it 1ft up on to the rock i was on and i grabbed the leader to lift the fish up and snap fish gone with the lure in its mouth.i was gutted and put the fish down at about 9lb.
so i decided to go this morning to see if i could find another big bass.i met zak at 6.30 and we set off the tide was dropping fast.so again on with the patchinko both of us and zak was into a fish very quickly about 2.5 lbs and thats his first bass off the top so well done zak.after about 10 minutes i was thinking no its not going to happen and then i saw a big swirl behind the patchinko i stopped and bang fish on classic.this bass was not a bit happy and i was hoping i would not loose it as it was thrashing the water.but i landed it nicely and zak was over with me to give me a hand if needed this bass was not getting away.so out with the boga and it weighed in at 8lb a few pics and i wanted it back in the water asap.so zak was on the camera phone and he decided to video the release he was telling me put it this way and put it that way and then a wave came and fish gone with the boga in its mouth.luckily the fish did not take off so i jumped in and grabbed the boga and all was ok.im glad i was able to get it as the fish would surely died with the boga in its mouth.so i dont know how to upload videos on here probably a good thing as the language is a bit much with all the excitement.the fish i lost 2 days ago was bigger so id put it down as 9-10lbs

·
Registered
949 Posts
Nice fish Pat, sounds like the keystone cops there!, have you ever thought of using a landing net? Much easier (and safer) to land and return bass from the rocks than a boga IMO.
Cheers,
Ian

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Lovely fish! Cracker off the top.

I keep my Boga on a coiled lanyard, as I was paranoid about dropping it somewhere. It clips to my wading belt, so even when I am wading deep, I can drop it without worrying about losing it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Top fish Pat - well done!!!!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Awesome Pat :clap: A Big Welsh Well-Done !!! With all the effort you've been putting in, you deserved a nice big Shirley to put in an appearance for you !!! :D

p.s. is that the Zac i met the other Morning :?:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Great fish Pat....

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Pat and a huge congratulations on the PB :-D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts