The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out again and I am sorry that it is so repetitive, wind rain hail and choppy seas greeted us today as we headed out. A few boats were already fishing as we headed along the coast. The first reef we fished at only fishes as it just uncovers and the fishing lasts for about half an hour. This proves the point that local knowledge is a great help and it is important that anglers get to know their areas well.

We took 7 fish at this reef mostly around the 3lb mark with one fish over the 4.5lb mark.We were surrounded by dolphons and the fishing eased off.We moved off to another mark which fishes fairly well at and just after low tide.This time the wind had risen to a strong 4 making it very uncomfortable indeed. We took 27 fish here in about 2hrs The biggest being over 5lbs plus a number over 4lbs The majority being around the 2lb mark.All fish were taken on the famous Jersey wonder homemade lure with white being the most popular colourThis has brought our total to 98 bass (34 today) in 3 days plus pollack wrasse garfish and mackerel.I hope I am not coming across as big headed but is intended to inform other members of what is catching the fish at the moment

a fish around the 4lb mark taken on a light green Jersey wonder lure

Derek with a fish of around 5lbs

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
It's not repetitive at all Alan (yawn) :wink:

Keep them coming I am very envious of you & Derek

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Extremely Envious ... sat here at working drooling!

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Crikey Alan and Derek, some superb fishing. I need to get out and have a go. The beach near me at Greve D'Azzete looks very weedy, are you finding clear water out there?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mark there were a few nets at Greve D'azette there was some clear water but a lot of weed being picked up off the beaches

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Well done Alan!! another excellent day........

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well as someone who has a record of no fish in 98 days I reckon I need to a) get a boat, b) move, and c) learn to fish properly! :)

Congrats on a great three days!

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Get a job you lazy *******s or I might end up getting jealous. Thats impressive fishing Alan & Derek, good fishing and good friends...it dont get much better than that eh.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great 3 days of fishing Alan, well done :clap:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
it doesn't bother me that you keep on about all the fish you catch....and on.... and on..........and on..........and........

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::wink:

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Out again and I am sorry that it is so repetitive, wind rain hail and choppy seas greeted us today as we headed out. A few boats were already fishing as we headed along the coast. The first reef we fished at only fishes as it just uncovers and the fishing lasts for about half an hour. This proves the point that local knowledge is a great help and it is important that anglers get to know their areas well.

We took 7 fish at this reef mostly around the 3lb mark with one fish over the 4.5lb mark.We were surrounded by dolphons and the fishing eased off.We moved off to another mark which fishes fairly well at and just after low tide.This time the wind had risen to a strong 4 making it very uncomfortable indeed. We took 27 fish here in about 2hrs The biggest being over 5lbs plus a number over 4lbs The majority being around the 2lb mark.All fish were taken on the famous Jersey wonder homemade lure with white being the most popular colourThis has brought our total to 98 bass (34 today) in 3 days plus pollack wrasse garfish and mackerel.I hope I am not coming across as big headed but is intended to inform other members of what is catching the fish at the moment

a fish around the 4lb mark taken on a light green Jersey wonder lure

Derek with a fish of around 5lbs
well done alan makes my 2 bass in 105 days seem very sad ...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts