The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a quick report and I will do a more detailed one tomorrow night, as i'm off out soon.

Went fishing today to try and convert a very good bait angler into a softy. Well to say I had my arse kicked would be an understatement!!

Myself, Ben (bates) and Daniel Ferguson hit the north coast after spending the morning in mrfish. Set daniel up with some braid, jigheads and some softies and we were away.

I think he was 2 casts in and on! A scrappy little 2lber landed photographed and released! Then a few chucks later he was on again! He had it sussed in minutes. A slow constant retrieve worked close to the bottom!

I moved over the otherside of the bay with Ben and started fishing a ledge I had a good fish on a few weeks back and Bens first cast saw him nailing what Si would describe as a clonker!! What a scrap!! Handled and played very well too! Jumped a gully and helped him get it up the rocks as there was alot of swell. STUNNING FISH! Huge belly! Caught on a 4" brown bubble shad from mrfish.

(This photo gives you an idea of how FAT this wrasse was!)

Then daniel moved over had another nice wrasse, followed by Ben having another TWO nice wrasse.

What a great days fishing. Daniel is going to be joining the forum and no doubt you'll be seeing more of him.

Bumbling...... gotta love it!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
That's top angling lads, and that Big Pig, is indeed a 'Clonker' !!!! :clap: :clap:

Very nice report & pics from the Jersey 'Masssiiiive' ;).

·
Registered
340 Posts
Fair Play and well done to Ben and Fergie!

I knew once Fergie went soft he would get hooked - cant wait to speak to him and see what his "new" opinion on HRF and lures is going to be, seeing my 5.2lb on facebook last week got him thinking too!

To think I was only fishing a hundred yards or so away and I only had a few bites = Blanked!

Ben thats a cracking fish to start you off :)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fair Play and well done to Ben and Fergie!

I knew once Fergie went soft he would get hooked - cant wait to speak to him and see what his "new" opinion on HRF and lures is going to be, seeing my 5.2lb on facebook last week got him thinking too!

To think I was only fishing a hundred yards or so away and I only had a few bites = Blanked!

Ben thats a cracking fish to start you off :)
I lost 3? weird eh! Tight drag? bad angling? Nice spot that though eh Dave.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Great stuff Ritchie! Superb fishing and a good read. I so live in the wrong part of the country!!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Excellent fishing guys!!!! Those fish are beauties!!! What did the fat one weigh?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It came just under 5lb Ben but.... I need to check my scales to see if there in or out. As I haven't used them in a while and myself and daniel put it over 5lb but I suppose its kind of irrelevant now its done on length lol.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I lost 3? weird eh! Tight drag? bad angling? Nice spot that though eh Dave.

I've fished that spot for neary 2 years , started on the wrasse there last March , spent many many hrs down there last year!

Never see that many people down there :-(

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Beauty!! Looks like the challenge has well and truly started. Donkeys v's Crapauds eh??!! BRING IT ON!! I'm up for a bit of a fight. Or will the welsh find the beasts up there???

·
Registered
340 Posts
There's a monster down there for someone Dave.
I know it but its my old turf an parish so hope will be me!

I know of 2 holes that hold big fish as have been broken off by sea monsters there - was not where Richie was tho , have also seen zeppelin sized wrasse cruising in the summer sun there too :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts