The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Robert and I met up for a quick session today. Conditions looked good with a dull, overcast day and a reasonable surf running. The water had coloured up a bit from yesterday with the wind turning south westerly but confidence was high.

Especially when I found that Robert had already had a couple of schoolies by the time I had got there. Considering the choice of lure, I was drawn to the Xlayers again having had considerable success on them in similar conditions in Cornwall. On went a giant Xlayer with a 7 gm head. Robert put me in what might be considered the best spot (generous to a fault) and was suitably regretting it (lol!) when I had a solid take. Several strong runs later I beached a good fish that is now my PB on lures!

Pulled the bogas down to 6 ¼lb and so well chuffed!

Back she went to be followed half and hour later by a nice fish around 2 ½lb. I broke my seagull duck for the year with a lively bird that was returned unharmed but that proved the last action of the day! Neither of us could fish late due to family commitments and so we packed up around 4.30 and headed home.

My thanks to Robert for his company, that boys knows his stuff! I hope to fish with him again soon (especially if he brings me that luck!).

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Beautiful bass there Andrew, you should be well proud of your new PB.
It is a good mark, when the weather is right. And there is a very real chance of upping your pb again.
Loving the smile on your face too.
Nice one.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Nice fish, Andrew. Loks like a pretty rough old day so well done!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Nice report and pictures Andrew, and congratulations on the PB.

·
Banned
891 Posts
One word Andrew... AWESOME! It was good to fish with you yesterday and I think you may have given me a little more confidence with those "look like nothing" softies....

As you know, nothing special for me just a few schoolies....

I reckon I've got another spot for you to hand my arse to me on, a nice barron sandy beach but I don't think it'll be right until the start of next season....

The smile on your face and the frantic yelling when you had landed the silver lady was why we go fishing... You do realise though that next time I'll be taking my own advice!!!!

May be able to do a bash tomoz over low water if you're up for it?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Rob,
There were loads of bass on a boring looking sand beach, that I am pretty sure you know the other day. I will bet that it will produce at least one or two doubles shortly.
Pretty sure you know where-it is another Robs favourate!!!
No names please, but it seems to be best on the last half of the flood. Given the weather coming it might be worth a try this weekend.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One word Andrew... AWESOME! It was good to fish with you yesterday and I think you may have given me a little more confidence with those "look like nothing" softies....

As you know, nothing special for me just a few schoolies....

I reckon I've got another spot for you to hand my arse to me on, a nice barron sandy beach but I don't think it'll be right until the start of next season....

The smile on your face and the frantic yelling when you had landed the silver lady was why we go fishing... You do realise though that next time I'll be taking my own advice!!!!

May be able to do a bash tomoz over low water if you're up for it?
Rob thanks for that. I would love to do tomorrow but suspect I may have to work. I will let you know if I can skive off in any way! As always, I am up for your new mark - lets hit it when you think its right!

·
Registered
773 Posts
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]What a beautiful looking fish, nice and plump as well. That last photograph says it all and to sums up why we get up at silly o'clock and get intimate with the odd gull, simply magical. Well done on the PB and I look forward to seeing the next pair, your on a roll. [/FONT]

·
Registered
246 Posts
Super fish Andrew, best I've seen in Sussex for a while so many congratulations. As Dave says that can be a good mark on occasions as can most of that stretch.

·
Banned
891 Posts
Rob,
There were loads of bass on a boring looking sand beach, that I am pretty sure you know the other day. I will bet that it will produce at least one or two doubles shortly.
Pretty sure you know where-it is another Robs favourate!!!
No names please, but it seems to be best on the last half of the flood. Given the weather coming it might be worth a try this weekend.

I think we're both on about the same place, my only reservation is the weed that makes fishing there difficult but I think X-layers are the way forward there... maybe slug-gos.... I've had nice fish on the lure from structures further along.... There was a nice gulley by one of those structures last time I was there which produced a 4lb'er to a rhubard & custard sandeel fished like a x-layer in some pretty churned up water....

·
Registered
949 Posts
Well done Andrew and Rob, great looking 6lb'er, it just doesnt get much better than a new PB.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts