The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems Megabass Japan hasn't been snoozing their time away.
New look website is now up, several of the newer lures are now on there.
Tis nearly the season to go shopping!!!

http://www.megabass.co.jp/

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Oh Dave ... did you really have too!??!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I can resist everything except temptation......!! Oscar Wilde.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
That 7 foot 10 inch model just may be what I am looking for,,,,,How would you go about ordering one of these ?

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
That 7 foot 10 inch model just may be what I am looking for,,,,,How would you go about ordering one of these ?
Yes and not bad for 250 quid either! Let me know what you find out Nick re ordering one, as never gone down that Japanese route before? It's a shame the guys on here with shops cannot get Megabass rods?

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Yes and not bad for 250 quid either! Let me know what you find out Nick re ordering one, as never gone down that Japanese route before? It's a shame the guys on here with shops cannot get Megabass rods?
The thing that always worries me is what happens if it breaks on the first cast,where would you stand with getting a replacement.
When we buy from our dealers here you always know where you stand and can get it sorted.
Thats what puts me off a bit with 'long range ordering' of expensive items etc.

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
I totally agree, plus like to support our shops on here. Maybe we need to pressure the likes of ****, Ben and Nathan to try and source some of these?

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I darent open any of those links :shock:.

Well, maybe in a few hours, in a few beers time ;).

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Japan Pro Fishing then???: http://www.japanprofishing.com/rod/megabass-xor-shadow-xx-sxx-710l.html

I don't want to convert 30000yen, I know it's lots..... :D
Let me help out ;-);-) :mrgreen::mrgreen:

30000 JPY is around £239 in today’s exchange rate. Now add 2800JPY (£23) in shipping cost plus UK VAT and the shippers handling charge and it will cost you in the neighbourhood of £320-325 to import this rod.

By the way, Tsuyoshi at Japan Pro Fishing is a gentleman and 110% reliable so buying a rod from him would be totally safe.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Agree with Vidar, Japan Pro fishing and Plat are two of the very best to deal with. Never had any problems.

My local shop had a couple of Megabass rods a while back, the Xor Independence really tempted me for HRF but I managed to resist... Not sure if he can get more but I can ask if you want to PM me what you want??

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi all if any of you want any of these Megabass rods let me known what you want and i will get a price for you and there will be no warrenty issues, I have already sourced some japanesse stuff for people on the forum already.

·
Banned
1,900 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Hi all if any of you want any of these Megabass rods let me known what you want and i will get a price for you and there will be no warrenty issues, I have already sourced some japanesse stuff for people on the forum already.
Out of curiosity who is supposed to support the warranty on a Megabass rod exported out of Japan, where the warranties in any case are significantly inferior to what we are used to over here. It has to be you because Megabass does NOT support any sort warranties you would expect here in the UK on rods exported outside Japan and that in fact includes Megabass USA, which is an officially appointed sole distributor.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts