The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night we had a fantastic LRF turnout (thanks guys) but sadly, try as we may, the weather said no.
Today, well, a few were wisely leaving fishing till Monday and I called a few blokes. We, should I say most of us met at Corbiere. Ritchie was still enroute from beaumont.
30 minutes later and we'd evaluated the situation. No Ritchie still. A phone call was made again and eventually, he turned up.

Best plan:

Pub.

Paul B kindly paid for drinks and we sat and thought about a few places. The sea was indeed heaving. Eventually, a decision was made and we headed off.

In reality, we probably fished for about 2 hours. It turned out to be worth it cause it was destined that we'd see another Bar before the day was out.

Paul B fished a scented senko copy texas rigged in heavy weed and swell for this fish.

A 3lb 12 oz Silver Bar on Easter Sunday.

Fought hard, got the drag going. Made the effort worthwhile. Nice fish m8. Again, plugs had been thrown, soft lure did the business. Bright Pink in what was about 24" of vis at times stood a chance at least.

Just the first of many that I'm predicting will get caught on these mixed HRF sessions.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Good report & pics Keith, Nice fish Paul, SP's rule eh ?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
great fish Paul so you guys weren't lying! i cant believe i was looking in rock pools just out of view lol looks like i live up to my username

a day well spent i think, thanks again for the drink mate

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One thing of note is the braid Paul is using. It seems very well behaved, casts like a rocket. Not sure what it is but, I want some.
It too was Pink so maybe the Bass want colour co-ordinated efforts now ?

A few swells after the fish was returned, the bottom was churned over by a bigger set. Jeez, he did well to get that Bass outta there. It was like a tropical rainforest in there. Serious.
It was that bad, we had to move. Though as Paul was admiring his capture one of the 'Side' and 'Winder' duo was poaching again. Yea, no honor or respect anymore.

I'll give you all 1 guess as to who it was.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
IT WAS ME!!! lol.... Cracking fish Paul!! I wasn't poaching i put that sidwinder on over the otherside before that bass was caught lol! Good little bumble though ey!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Wow!! I couldnt find any fish on this little Island of yours today, but I tried a good few spots. If ur heading out in the next couple of days, any chance a little Welshman can tag along? Please? ;)

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow!! I couldnt find any fish on this little Island of yours today, but I tried a good few spots. If ur heading out in the next couple of days, any chance a little Welshman can tag along? Please? ;)
PM me your mobile number.
I'm actually free for tomorrow and most of the early week.
It should improve from tomorrow.

Bob: How did you know ?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Well done Paul,was it the pint before fishing that gave you the pink softie idea?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts