The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Callum and I ventured out to a mark we fish fairly regularly with the hope to get some silver.

The mark we picked can be such a pain in the a*se though, as I've fished there so many times and never hook up! I get plenty of follows. I've had bass hitting my topwaters but no hook ups. Its an annoying spot that does hold some good fish but catching them is the tricky part.

However Callum and I went there to give it another whirl. Conditions were nice to fish in but didn't look very fishy at all. I started on one head and Callum on the other side of the gully. I started off with a zonk and Callum with a 3" one up shad. It didn't take Callum long to hook his first fish of the day. I went over to photo the fish.

So I changed to a softie had a few chucks... nothing. Callum was in again (the swine), this one was a little bigger.

This continued to happen until dark. Callum 5 and me 0. Just goes to show its not the spot, its how you fish it!

YESTERDAYS BUMBLE.....

Callum called me and we ventured out to a nice little spot that we know produces GOOD fish.

Didn't take long before we were into fish. My first cast and I was on. This thing was big taking line, TR4 bent double and still taking line! Turned out my leader knot wasn't up to it and SNAP fish gone! GUTTED!
New leader knot and another cast and was into a nice wrasse, unhooked and put back fast so no photo! We had a couple of wrasse in a short space of time.

Callum moved down abit to a head not so easy to get to so I stayed put. I turned around a few seconds later to see him having a great little scrap. So I ran over to assist and take a photo.

This continued to happen for Callum and it didn't take long for me to get into some spikeys.

The tide soon got too high, so it was a short but very sweet trip! Callum has more photos on his phone so I'm sure he will add them when he gets a chance.

It was great to get into some fish again as its been a really tough week for us both.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Good fishing guys. Shame you dropped that one Ritchie.

PS That's either Vaseline on your camera lens for romantic effect Ritchie, or at last you've remembered that photos give away marks plain as daylight.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
NIce fishing lads.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Cracking report Ritchie, and very nice fishing by the 2 of you. Next time im over, hopefully we'll manage to catch-up for a bit of Bumbling action ;).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts