The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Adam decided to come fishing with me today after showing no interest for the last few weeks, it's been hard work trying to motivate him, being a teenager of nearly 15 he has other things on his mind, Girls, Playstation and a good dose of Hormones. I managed to get him up at 7:15 and we were away by 8, stopped on the way for a sausage and egg muffin and a nice cup of coffee we were at the lakes by 9:15, quick hop down to the first peg and on his second cast Adam was in :-D and out came his first fish of the day.

A small Perch I know, but Adam had already beaten the blank :wink:We continued to work the bank down towards the beach and both had plenty of follows, we stopped at one mark where I have hooked a fish but failed to land on the last two visits, I cast to the same area as before and first pull over the weeds it was fish on, I was fishing with the same weedless frog as before and with the fish not 2 feet away the same thing happened, he spat out the lure :sad:

We carried on fishing down to the turn by the beach, walked up over the bridge and up the side of the other lake, things had been quiet for about the last 2 hours with no fish moved we stopped to fish at the wall just before the 8 arch bridge, Adam still had his original lure on, a Jitterbug, this lure is awesome by the way it flaps from side to side and leaves a great wake and loads of bubbles, third cast and it was fish on, I knew it was a good fish listening to the drag on Adams' reel paying out line, Adam proceeded to play the fish in his usual way, pumping and reeling as if he had a shark on the end, anyway with the fish at the wall it was netted and unhooked.

The fish weighed in at 11lbs 5 oz

Adam was foolish enough when placing the fish back on the mat to get his hand caught in the Pike's mouth and with a deep hole to his thumb he proceeded to bleed profusely, I couldn't ****ing contain myself and had fits of laughter for the next 15 mins:-D. Anyway we moved to fish the 2 pegs after the 8 arch bridge and after an hour we decided to move back down the lake, we bumped into Marc Westward on the way back and stopped to have a chat, he had caught 6 fish :-D Adam decided to have another cast on Marc's' peg and landed a fish of about 5lbs.

This is Adam concentrating, marvelous what a couple of fish can do :wink:

I must thank Marc at this point, he new I hadn't landed a fish and gave me the lure he had caught all his on, made no difference to me as I didn't move a fish on it, I gave it back to him, he clipped it on and second cast he landed a Pike of about 8lbs :sad:

We moved back along the lake and bumped into Simon, Luke and Hywel who had been on the Bass during the morning, Luke was releasing his Pike back as we arrived, Gwyn Edwards turned up as well, not to fish but to take his children for a walk, nice to meet you Gwyn :-D Adam and I decided to return back to the car and start the journey back home. Great day out, 3 fish for Adam and his interest has now returned, none for me but I enjoyed :-D

I endured Adam singing the theme tune to Blankety Blank all the way home in the car :evil:

Reactions: Adam Lewis

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
A very big WELL DONE to Adam for landing his first 'double' :clap: :clap: :clap:!!!

Nice report (pics are a bit small & crap, but hey, you cant have it all ;)) :D

Glad to see that the Master Of Disaster hasnt lost his touch also - Adam, the bit with the teeth, is the sharp-end :shock::shock::shock: .

·
Registered
843 Posts
Well done both, Adam lovely double. Cracking report Steve. If you are in tacklesmart pick up the Cormoran dog 98 top water. Proved a good lure yesterday.

Thanks for the new lure, it will see action this week.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Exellent report Steve and when done Adam on showing your 'old man' how to do it. Great to meet you guys again, there was reason to go walk with the kids so I could suss the place out for my 1st pike session very very soon.

·
Registered
56 Posts
thanks for all the nice jobs adam much appriciated nice report dad i like it lol.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Adam, double well done for showing the old man how to do it and for landing a double. Top work! Steve, great to see you haven't lost the consistency in your fishing :muttley::muttley::muttley:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Great report.

Well done on the double Adam lovely fish!!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Top work! Steve, great to see you haven't lost the consistency in your fishing :muttley::muttley::muttley:
Tim,

Thanks for those encouraging words, the boys are on their way round, enjoy the warmth :wink:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Brilliant report Steve..I can see you now rolling about on the bank as poor old Adam stands there with blood pouring from his hand.....Parent prerogative I think it's called....

But then Adam not only shows you how to do do it but also how to have the LAST LAUGH and do it with a song.........

Well done Adam...Keep up the great work mate.........and Steve ..of course..;-)

See you soon..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts