The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fishing has finally picked up over here. So, to make the most of it I've been out quite a bit over the past 10 days.

Most of the fish have come on homemade Sayoris. This one on a pink/clear glitter & weighed 5lb 6oz.

I do have some other photos but they're on Gaz's camera, will get them off him at some point.

Also had this one on Monday:

8lb 9oz and caught on a white Sidewinder. It was very broad across the back and went like stink in the tide.

Excuse the facial expression, trying to keep the fish still, smile and focus on the little self timer light is quite difficult. Although it doesn't look like it in the photo I was very pleased with this one lol.

I notice there are red/blood marks on the tail. I had this on a fish I had earlier in the year, could this be damage from the landing net??

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and could anyone tell me how to blur the background rather than having to colour it in?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Good going LiamH. You'll take some beating in the bass festival. Download Gimp (free) and look at the distortion tools.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Paul, I'll give that a go.

Forgot to mention, both fish were returned and swam off strongly.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Liam, you've been quiet recently (on the forum at least) but what a great way to come back into the limelight. Worth a few quid on you for the festival?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Tim.

I should make more of an effort to post some reports etc. During the summer, the only time I'm at home is to sleep lol.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great looking fish Liam, well done mate :p

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No it was on the Illex Ashura Corsaire. Haven't used the Injection for quite a while. But then I can't remember the last time I went Wrasse fishing, should probably give that a go at some point. Might go on the smaller tides after work next week if your up for a session?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Cracking fish...Well done!

By which method did you work the Sidewinder ?.....Straight slow retrieve or Sink and Draw?

Thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wasn't really working the lure, just chucked it out uptide and let it swing round keeping contact. If there is a lot of tide I prefer to leave the line a bit slack by twitching the lure and lowering the rod. I don't like the vibration from the Fluoro in strong tide, I'm sure it puts the fish off? I can really feel it on the rod, so it must be noisy underwater..

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Thanks for the reply Liam.

Do you think the stronger the tide the better lures like Sidewinder Eel,s and Joey Mackerel type work at their best ?

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Very nice brace of bass there Liam ... congrats!

Lets hope it picks up everywhere for the autumn run of bigger fish!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Top fish Liam!!! - see you ina few weeks bud (pencil me in for our usual Monday session :) )

·
Registered
229 Posts
Nice fish Liam, homemade Sayoris rule!

I've done well with the pink too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts