The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long time without putting any input in here I tought I should stick up a post.

I have been fishing mainly rock marks I know well with the occasional trip to new marks. the old haunts have been shown up right up by the new up and comming marks (well new to me anyway!!).

I have had plenty of pollack up to about 2 1/2lb and about a 15 bass to about 3lb and after loading my reel with braid it has been almost a life changing experience. I am still amazed at the loss of sensation you get from stretchy mono!

Most of my bass have been taken on surface lures and walk the dogs being the most success full and the pollack on cebars.

As I only strated plugging last year and not fishing with other pluggers often is it the norm to have more fish off the surface?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
At times i have found a surface lure far out catches diving lures Depends on the day i think

·
Registered
82 Posts
After a long time without putting any input in here I tought I should stick up a post.

I have been fishing mainly rock marks I know well with the occasional trip to new marks. the old haunts have been shown up right up by the new up and comming marks (well new to me anyway!!).

I have had plenty of pollack up to about 2 1/2lb and about a 15 bass to about 3lb and after loading my reel with braid it has been almost a life changing experience. I am still amazed at the loss of sensation you get from stretchy mono!

Most of my bass have been taken on surface lures and walk the dogs being the most success full and the pollack on cebars.

As I only strated plugging last year and not fishing with other pluggers often is it the norm to have more fish off the surface?
Hi Martin,
I have had about 80% of my fish off the top this year which is a lot more than last year. Most of them have been taken on a Patchinko with the Z claw comming second. I don't know if it's the norm to have more fish off the top but it is definitely more exciting when you see the bass come out of the water after your plug. Your doing well mate to get them off the top, one of my mates has been plugging for three years and has only just had fish off the top this year so stick with it mate, as long as your catching.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't get me wrong I love catching the off the top, it has to be the biggest adrenaline I have ever experienced in fishing. I am just curious as to whether I am just rubbish at working the shallow and deep diving plugs!!!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I think it varies by location & time of year Martin. Overall, if i was fishing for numbers, i think i'd stick sub-surface in South Wales, but there's nothing quite like the sight of a take off the top !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts