1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few pics of a social gathering of men.............. P3060064..jpg

P3050061..jpg
The first nights supper,

P3060065..jpg Steve Lewis , Vidar , Nathan at the Ultimate stand ...

***** presentation award P3050062..jpg From Mike hayes (da boss )....

Return of the Monkey!!!!! P3050063..jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
A few photos from Nantes....

Which way first? A corner of one of the halls.

The Sakura demonstration tank

Glow in the dark LRF and HRF lures

Ultimate SPs

More Ultimate SPs

High end braids, monos and fluorocarbons (Ultimate stand)

Charles-Henri Canto (a real legend) at the Ultimate demo tank

Henry tries out a mini test tank

Wetsuits and squid just for Kevin and Keith - they grow them big in St Malo

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
May get the boys over next year for a few days to see this show seems to be the place to be in the lure world..plenty of takle to be seen ..

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Hey, great pics.
The LRF Floats and Zero Heads are in there I see.

I also spot the 'real' one up shads which are colour shot just like spindleworms.

Should have gone, I would got a 7' MB SS 7-17g cheap.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
You should check out the Sawamura Bullets as well Keith. Tungsten weighted senkos and worms. I doubth there'll be much need for micro jigheads. I have some of the worms here.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Already have tungsten impregnated worms coming in from the US Ben. The Pro's have found em useful in pressure situations and where clear water gives fish more of a look.

Put up pics of what you have m8, I want to see them.

Macro stuff too if possible, lets get some detail.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I'll whack a full report up later tomorrow or wednesday but here's a quick one of the stuff I actually bought - minus a couple of spools of Daiwa Tournament braid and some hard baits).

nantes_lrf..jpg

Right to left top row:

- Illex Darts 3.5"
- Illex Gambit 3.7"
- Reins Meba Shad 3"
- Reins Rockvibe Shad 3"
- Sawamura Bullet 3"
- Reins Aji Ringer
- Reins Aji Karo Swamp (on a 2g Illex Straight Jighead)
- Smith Meal (on a size 8, 1g jighead)
- Smith Pintail

Right to left bottom row:

- Illex Dartshog 65
- Illex Straight Jighead (has a barbed spike to thread very narrow, soft baits on to)
- Ecogear Jighead (#3, 3/32g)
- Ecogear Jighead (#6, 3/64g)
- Ecogear Jighead (#8, 1/32g)

The Ecogear jigheads were the strongest I saw for very small/fine baits. There were stringer small hooks around but none that allowed you to really mount a fine bait without splitting it near the head.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Those of you with minimal will power when it comes to buying lures might appreciate these. All LRF type kit intended to give the mackerel, garfish, schoolies and anything else that wants to play ball a hard time this year....
Some of the pictures aren't great lighting wise as the lures are still in the packets as I need to reorganise my lure boxes to make space.

top row L > R

Sebile Splasher 52 5gm colour J06
Smith Chinupen 7.4gm colour P51
Smith Chinupen 7.4gm colour P50
Smith Mebapen Mebaru 3gm colour 07
Smith Mebapen Hotaru 3.6gm colour 05
Smith Shirasu Minnow 3.1gm colour 09

bottom row L > R

Smith Troutin Surger 6.5gm colour 02
Smith Troutin Surger 6.5gm colour 04
Lucky Craft Sammy 65 5.8gm colour Lake Murray Clear
Lucky Craft G-Splash 7.5gm colour Pearl Ayu
Bassday Swimming Head 6gm colour HH-07

top L > R

Delelande Drop Shad 5cm colour Nacre Bleute Nap
Smith Mebarm colour 13
Reins AJI ringer Pro No1 colour clear sarc

middle L > R

Delelande Drop Shad 5cm colour Crevette
Reins Mebashad colour 122 setouchi chiri

bottom L > R

Lunker City Fin-s 2.5in colour arkansas shiner
Ecogear Shirasu Head 2.3gm size 4
Ecogear Shirasu Head 1.8gm size 6

Daiwa Saltist RF73X-T

One of the reasons I went to the show was to buy (or see) some proper LRF rods. I had seen this in the Daiwa Japan and France catalogues and in the LRF dvd so was curious to see what it was like. Looking good so far....

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Awesome Mike, I have one of the lucky craft G splash lures myself. Love the look of those Delalande drop shads....
Any more details on the spec of the rod please?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Awesome Mike, I have one of the lucky craft G splash lures myself. Love the look of those Delalande drop shads....
Any more details on the spec of the rod please?
There was so much great kit out there. With the LRF type lures you really were spoilt for choice. Some of it wasn't cheap though so most of what is there was bought after a few trips around the hall working out the most cost effective lures for what I needed. The Delelande drop shads were 2.90 Euros a packet, some of the Japanese top end stuff was 11 or 12 euros for a few more lures. I am sure the dearer ones were better but for what I want them for not that much better.

The rod is 7ft 3in rated for 0.8 to 7gms, 2 - 5lb mono or FC, 0.3 to 0.6PE and weighs 95gms. I wanted something fast action and long enough to cast a small metal lure or surface plug far enough to catch off the beach. It ticks all the boxes for me. Lots of good LRF rods at the show and I definitely think this was one of the better ones. It wasn't especially chaep at 203.40 euros but that is cheaper than RRP in France and definitely cheaper than Japan with current exchange rates and carriage, duty etc.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
P3090066..jpg These softies i picked up for Norway ....

P3090067..jpg

P3090068..jpg P3090072..jpg P3090071..jpg

This little gem was my secret squirrel lure until **** spotted mikes........
Made by Nories its a Treju 108 12gm floating silent popper

Attachments

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Nice one Bob. The Treju was on my list and I think a few guys bought them in the end. It will be interesting to see how they do. A calm day over the oyster beds springs to mind!

And those Sakura eels are the closest consistency to the reel thing that I have seen. Almost edible LOL.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice one Bob. The Treju was on my list and I think a few guys bought them in the end. It will be interesting to see how they do. A calm day over the oyster beds springs to mind!

And those Sakura eels are the closest consistency to the reel thing that I have seen. Almost edible LOL.
I have to agree 100% came very close to tasting one of them Sakura eels they smell devine !!! Oyster beds was why i picked it up Paul .. so much stuff not enough time to
make choices, ah well there is always next year ..........

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Crikey Moses! I must have that shrimp lure...any idea who makes it??? I am convinced I can do some damage with the shrimp/prawn lures this year

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Nice shots Mike.

Love the one of Stephane watching himself catching bass on the Ultimate flat screen. Nice bloke.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts