The Lure Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all..myself and dave went out at 7 30 this morn and managed 1 fish each..mine came
on the second cast and was taken on an sls17f which was slammed right under my feet and weighed 5lb 05oz.
this lure seems to be really doing the buisness for me so far this year..dave quinlan got his
fish about 25 minutes later and weighed in at 3lb and was taken on a feed shallow...we fished till 9 30am and were happy to go home with a fish each..
then tonight myself and mark b fished from 7 till 9 30..i took 2 3lbers on yet again the sls17f
and mark took one around the 4lb mark on a tide minnow....the sport seems to be really
improving down the west cork way as the days go by and it is only the first of may...fingers crossed for a cracking season ahead anyway....
tight lines to all...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Michael!!! Love the sls in that colour - my banker!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Great stuff Michael,working at the Kinsale Rugby 7s:cry:would rather be out chasing the silver lads. What is the lure your using if you dont mind me asking
Tightlines
Bob

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi bob,the lure is a daiwa shore line shiner 170 floating and i got them on a japanese website called samuri tackle.they are expensive at roughly 22 euro a pop [even in japan] but i hav done great on them.i havnt seen them on these shores anywhere yet...and wouldnt like to think what they would cost.hope that helps ya..tight lines

·
Registered
403 Posts
hi bob,the lure is a daiwa shore line shiner 170 floating and i got them on a japanese website called samuri tackle.they are expensive at roughly 22 euro a pop [even in japan] but i hav done great on them.i havnt seen them on these shores anywhere yet...and wouldnt like to think what they would cost.hope that helps ya..tight lines
Thanks for that Michael,looks like the credit card is in for yet another hammering!
regards
Bob

·
Registered
825 Posts
well done michael on the fish im just back from west cork.i fell in love with the place i was scouting around mizen and baltimore and in between.some serious looking spots down there ill be back down that way in the summer.i was not fishing i just brought the kids down for a short break really nice.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Brilliant work there guys keep it up !

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it really is a beautifull place alright pat.we are so lucky to be living here..the west cork coast has got so much unexplored coastline that has never even seen a rod its kind of mindboggling..

·
Registered
825 Posts
michael its a special place allright i covered a lot of coast and i never saw one person with a rod.all them little islands and coves and the clarity of the water excellent place.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Cracking trip there !!! Nice one !!! :clap:

They are starting to roll in now !!! Winter is starting to be a distant memory eh ?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes thank god simon...sport has really started to take off..and can only improve from here on in...this morn i nailed a mullet on a plug which was a strange catch...although i did nail one last year also where the fish had sucked the whole treble of a kiltylure down the back of the throat into the gills..thats the thing with fishing it always throws a surprise or 2..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Where did ya get the mullet mr q?was out mon night, blanked but dec landed a 3lb last night and hooked up Winthrop another

·
Registered
21 Posts
Where did ya get the mullet mr q?was out mon night, blanked but dec landed a 3lb last night and hooked up With another

1 - 17 of 17 Posts