The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave my new 7ft Sonik SK4 rod a bit of a work out today. 3 pike and 1 small perch. The best pike was 16lb 8oz which took a bit of playing but surprisingly was quite easily handled by the rod. Not bad when you consider the rod is only rated for 3gms-10gms.

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
An excellent result David .... lovely picture of the pike .... looks in great condition too!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Nice one David. Stevie who I fish with uses the 9ft version, bit floppy for general plugging, but nice build quality that seems to be holding up well.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Lovely dark fish. Cracking job on such a lightly weighted rod. My lad had a solid double on his 7' Bushie at the weekend. No problem, but it is rated at 10-30g...

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Great looking fish David well done. Never gone after the Pike before but may give it a try this winter, would be grateful for any info on Pike fishing venues in Cornwall.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Thats a stunning pike!! superb condition, well done.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Lovely fish on balanced tackle. I have taken fish well over 20lb in the dark on light tackle (5-25g) it is great fun, especially on small rivers. Well done on your catch!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts