The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well my time finally came today when I caught a decent fish on a lure !

The Lewis Twins were on a mission, Simon had promised to put me on some croc's this evening so expectations were high. We met at 6pm on Si's local Pike lake, Simon decided the best place to start and gave me a lure to try, 4 casts and my first follow, cast out again and pulled the lure over the same spot and another follow right up to the bank, so with spirits high I cast again with another follow and a swipe at the lure but no hook up. Simon was fishing not not far away and was first into a fish, a nice Jack of about 3lb was landed and returned.
We moved down the lake for the next 30 minutes casting with different lures all the way, after fishing a deep part of the lake with no fish showing we decided to move again, Simon saw a fish move some 20 yards away just between some weed and a quick cast with the Anthrax it was fish on, another fish of about 4lb landed and returned to fight another day.
We are now 2 hours into the session and I am starting to wonder whether I will ever catch a fish on a lure, Simon seeing that I am a bit despondent says he knows a place to try late in the evening, so off we went, the area had some weed about 10 yards out and extending about another 10 yards after that, I decided I was going to fish a Z-Claw, so out comes the brand new gold coloured one I bought off Nathan at the Welsh Bumble, first cast and it flies away and 10 seconds into a slow retrieve a big splash and fish on, it gave a good account of himself for a fish of about 4lb, Simon decided to take a photo of this and had me posing for the best angle (i am sure he thinks he is Henry Gilbey) before the photo was taken the fish jumped back in the water, now the way my luck has gone lately I was not sure if I was going to catch another fish all year and my opportunity to prove my result had gone ( I called him what a dog wouldn't lick) anyway I knew I had caught it and confidence was now even higher, after about 15 minutes on the gold colour I decided to change to the Pink Lady Z-Claw, 5 minutes later I cast out started the retrieve and then..................................................................... paused....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................One big ****ing splash and it was fish on, this was a better fish, rod bent over and after a good fight the fish was landed, 8lb of croc on the shore and captured on video.

What a happy boy I am, the race will now be on to catch a fish over 10lb from this lake, may the best man win Simon ?

Well that's it, enjoy the video and many, many thanks Si for a cracking evening, you got me 2 fish and the banter was brilliant as normal !

·
Registered
540 Posts
Well my time finally came today when I caught a decent fish on a lure !

The Lewis Twins were on a mission, Simon had promised to put me on some croc's this evening so expectations were high. We met at 6pm on Si's local Pike lake, Simon decided the best place to start and gave me a lure to try, 4 casts and my first follow, cast out again and pulled the lure over the same spot and another follow right up to the bank, so with spirits high I cast again with another follow and a swipe at the lure but no hook up. Simon was fishing not not far away and was first into a fish, a nice Jack of about 3lb was landed and returned. We move down the lake for the next 30 minutes casting with different lures all the way, after fishing a deep part of the lake we decided to move again, Simon saw a fish move move some 20 yards away just between some weed and a quick cast with the Anthrax it was fish on, another fish landed and returned to fight another day. We are now 2 hours into the session and I am starting to wonder whether I will ever catch a fish on a lure, Simon seeing that I am a bit despondent says he knows a place to try late in the evening, so off we went, the area had some weed about 10 yards out and extending about another 10 yards after that, I decided I was going to fish a Z-Claw, so out comes the brand new gold coloured one I bought off Nathan at the Welsh Bumble, first cast and it flies away and 10 seconds into a slow retrieve a big splash and fish on, gave a good account of himself for a fish of about 4lb, Simon decided to take a photo of this and had me posing for the best angle (i am sure he thinks he is Henry Gilbey) before the photo was taken the fished jumped back in the water, now the way my luck has gone lately I was not sure if I was going to catch another fish all year and my opportunity to prove my result had gone ( I called him what a dog wouldn't lick) anyway I knew I had caught it and confidence was now even higher, after about 15 minutes on the gold colour I decided to change to the Pink Lady Z-Claw, 5 minutes later I cast out started the retrieve and then..................................................................... paused....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................One big ****ing splash and it was fish on, this was a better fish, rod bent over and after a good fight the fish was landed, 8lb of croc on the shore and captured on video.

What a happy boy I am, the race will now be on to catch a fish over 10lb from this lake, may the best man win Simon ?

Well that's it, enjoy the video and many, many thanks Si for a cracking evening, you got me 2 fish and the banter was brilliant as normal !

Cracking Steve, HUGE congratulations!!!! (race is over though I had a double from there Wednesday!!)

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Well done Steve :clap:, a cracking little evening !! & i bet that you remember that 8lb'er take that lure off the top, for some time to come !!! What a huge splashy take !!!!

Love it !!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nice one Steve, nice write up mate, looking forward to the video. Do their teeth wreck the paintwork much?
Not much ****, but it leaves some battle scars which are brilliant !

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Well done (at last LOL!) Steve. Looks like you two had a good giggle. Nice fish. Not sure about the shorts though....

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Good looking Lewis twin said:
The Lewis Twins were on a mission,
Great to see you catching Stevie

Nice of you to take you're brother fishing mate but a bit over the top likening him to Henry Gilbey....You might be getting some hate mail from him after he reads this......

Sorry Si couldn't resist it...Ever the gent and damned good friend...and a better hair style than Henry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts