The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A little late with this report as a week off work means lots of catching up when you get back, but it was well worth it. Jersey is simply stunning and the people are all super friendly and helpfull, not too mention the fact it was about 24 degrees. You really do feel like your very own peice of (bass) heaven.
The first day there(monday) was mainly spent spending money and bieng very week willed at *****. We were given a very warm welcome from Nicola,**** and Doug. They certainly made parting with cash very painless!
Honestly if you have a lure fetish just don't go there, sooooooo much shiney shiney. On leaving too head too the hotel(shakespeare, great location for anglers and perfect for our needs) **** offered too take me and my brother Bob out on his mates rib on the Wednesday. Needless too say he only had too ask once!

Tuesday dawned and we did a little exploring.

Before meeting up with Kieth White who we had booked for a guided night session. He went through tackle and techniques that we would be employing for the nights mission and explained that fishing had been hard going with the moon so bright but there's always the chance of some good fish.
We met up again at seven o'clock(Kev White came too) and went on too fish four or so varied marks with a few small bass falling too soft plastics.

Although the fishing wasn't great it was an incredible experiance wading the gutters and runs miles out too sea in the dark, I can only imagine how great it would be if the fish were really on!
A great night in good company that finished at about half 4 in the morning.

Wednesday- A quick nap and we were up again at eight too meet **** and head out for a day afloat. Bob and I were really excited as we love fishing afloat as you cover soo much ground and can try numerous differant plugs and techniques through the day.
I'll let the pics do the talking-
Bob-Strike a pose-

Me and captain ****-

Wrasse on a Rudra-

**** with a nice bass-(Rudra)-

Bobs first bever Wrasse-

It was a great morning but **** was starting too lag so we gave him a pick-me up...........

......thats chicken in a floured bap before you call in the moderators LOL!!!!!
Bob then hooked the best fish of the day on a belly weighted six inch slug-go-
Testing the super mix 210-

5lb of Jersey Bass-

A MUST WATCH VID OF HER GOIN BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chtkSbbO98c

We had a fair few swirls and follows. **** had a schoolie and lost a good one taken on a popper. Fishing was again tough but it was a great day out. **** was a legend! Going above and beyond to give me and Bob a trip into some simply stunning Bassing areas. Honestly **** we can't thank you enough!!!!

Thursday-
Our last full day and we went out around the island too fish a few marks Keith had kindly advised us on.
We fished about five marks in total, doing a full circuit of the island. I missed a good fish on a Patchinko, but we still managed a few Bass and Wrasse. Again I'll let bthe pics explain.
Puppy on a Gunfish-

Puppy on a Rudra-

The last fish was fish of the holiday and rounded off a great trip-

She went 5 and a half pounds and fought like stink. I was made up for Bob. Stunning fish too end the trip.

Friday was up early and a quick visit too ***** before the flight home. A quick coffee and a nice chat with the legend Bob Jameson and that was that. Next time it's got too be for at least seven days and somehow I need too take the kayaks!!!
All in all a great time. Thanks again to everyone who gave us such a warm welcome, we'll be back!!!!
Cheers Nath

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Brilliant report Nath, stunning looking fish, well done to you both :p

PS, I wouldn't expect anything less from ****, he is a true gent !

·
Registered
519 Posts
nice report nathan, glad you had a good time, shame the bass have not played ball, but i guess that's just fishing.

all the best

kev

·
Registered
519 Posts
nathan, if your up for it, bring your wetsuit and fins mate, you'll love it even if it's only for the feel of neoprene against your skin, LOL

kev

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
thats what it's all about ! enjoying you time in great company and being treated like family sems like it's the norm for people on this site so don't go changing a thing boys . great report / pic's nath

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
It was an absolute joy meeting two lovely chaps that are such good anglers. The two of you are not only brothers but best of friends too, it was a joy to watch Bob rig that Slug-Go so carefully and minutes later see him expertly fish it and hook a lovely 5lb bass, on a day that was provng tough. You guys are welcome anytime, and giving up a days work to go out on a rib in those conditions is no chore believe me :)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Too kind ****, too kind.
You 're right Bob is more like a best friend and I was well chuffed for him when he got that one.
You'll have too come and visit us in N. Wales **** so we can repay the favour. Any excuse for a day off LOL!!!
P.S Bring Bob too, I have found a couple of cracking top water marks recently, not too mention top notch Fish and Chips!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Well done Nathan !

Excellent report and yet again superb photos......I am sure it was a brilliant experience fishing Jersey the place and terrain is outstanding !
How did the night fishing go ?.....Can,t wait to have a go at that when I go down there next month.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
You blokes did pretty well really eh.

Another one falls foul of the big Rockfish though without being in the comp.
It's not over till Dec 1st remember and, now you guys have the skills, go for it on home waters.

Real pleasure to fish with you guys.
Nathan: I'd have let my brother get in on the best spots a bit more though m8....LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts